Question(s) time about Slabby!

CockneyRick

RGV probably too lighly sprung, TL/Busa/SRAD 750 all all fit with the appropriate yokes and just a top bearing swap.  Lockstops need modding. Gives plenty of choice of front wheel and calipers too. Total cost of front end swap on mine was probably around £150/200, but I clawed it back a bit selling the slabby front end. ;)

Srad 750 on mine at the min, can't fault em. Tried em in Busa or TL yokes, can't remember which, the bottom yoke is slightly different, the forks taper in different places and the bottom yoke I had didn't grip the forks at the wide point. Top yoke is the same, AFAIK.  Top bearing is a Marksman item from Eblag, I'll find the part number shortly.  

On the slabby track bike I'm (very slowly ) building I started with a slingshot front end and B12 wheels. I have since decided I want to stay RWU so I have a ZX6R RWU fromt end. It's a chunky little fucker with adjustable preload and damping so it should work a treat and I think it looks better. Same 90mm  hole spacing   for the nissin calipers  I have  too. The main reason though (thanks for the tip @Leblowski ) is the weight difference of the ZX6R wheels they feel half the weight of the B12 wheels which I hope will make all the difference if it ever makes it to  a track.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, KATANAMANGLER said:

On the slabby track bike I'm (very slowly ) building I started with a slingshot front end and B12 wheels. I have since decided I want to stay RWU so I have a ZX6R RWU fromt end. It's a chunky little fucker with adjustable preload and damping so it should work a treat and I think it looks better. Same 90mm  hole spacing   for the nissin calipers  I have  too. The main reason though (thanks for the tip @Leblowski ) is the weight difference of the ZX6R wheels they feel half the weight of the B12 wheels which I hope will make all the difference if it ever makes it to  a track.

I do have a set of RWU zx9r forks here and a set of zzr1100 ones. both are lighter than USD and shorter. ZZR are free if you want them although you pay post bud. Cheap is the key!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, CockneyRick said:

On a drag bike i doubt that will be a problem!

Thanks for offer on ZX6R front end, but might as well stick with the SRAD forks rather than spend more money.

Soz. Me bad. Thought it were for tracks with corners. Oops. O.o

Me gotta build a drag bike one day. You guys are awesome! 

On 02/11/2016 at 0:46 AM, CockneyRick said:

Back after a break, & straight in with questions. First up, can anyone tell me the shortest forks in the USD range? I think poss RGV, but looking at cheaper & to fit a Slabby 750 frame. Oh & the matching yoke that'll fit with minimal fuckeroonery!

Just wondering, but why the shortest USD forks? Usually when a RWU bike is fitted with USD the aim is to fit long USD forks to maintain ground clearance and stability.:)

Edited by Dezza
7 hours ago, Gpz1100_Convert said:

I do have a set of RWU zx9r forks here and a set of zzr1100 ones. both are lighter than USD and shorter. ZZR are free if you want them although you pay post bud. Cheap is the key!

I'd try shorter please, you can give em Cosmo as he still has all the bits at present. If i don't use em i'll let you have em back matey ;)

• Like 2