HELP! Hayabusa swingarm on a 91 GSXR 750 trouble!

I am trying to install a 1st Gen. Hayabusa swingarm on my 91 GSXR 750. I am trying to use my 750 linkage knuckle, but when I put the dogbones on I get ZERO suspension travel because the dogbones are too horizontal. I have the Busa one, but it is not as wide as the 750 one and the bolt on my 750 to attach to the frame is a larger diameter than the busa one! Not sure what to do! Please help!

Busa.jpg

1 hour ago, WimBaas said:

I used the adapterplate as seen here on OSS. That will give you the right offset to use the busa parts. Maybe someone here has one lying in the shed.

Wimbass, what adapter plate, please pass it on to me! I am in dyer need!

I bought it from a mate of Dan Black. It was on the facebook OSS.  I have had several in the past. I sold it to a friend. I can ask if he still has it but I think that there will be several ones amongst the OSS crew in the UK.  I will ask Dan if his mate still makes them.

Use the busa knuckle or srad knuckle, make spacers to take up the slack either side of the bearings, then make a pair of dog bones or get some adjustable turn buckles from McGills Motorsport. Space the top shock mount out too iirc. Should be the same procedure as fitting a srad arm 

I think anyway, although I'm full of Guinness right now and could be wrong!!

Davecara, LMAO! Just opened my first beer. I tried using the Busa knuckle and its not the shock that is the issue is the actual position of the dog bones. They are almost horizontal with the swing arm. I tried a Busa knuckle, Srad knuckle and a Bandit knuckle. Just cant get the correct angle. It is almost like have a strut on instead of a shock.

Busa.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like the shock is far too long and probably too stiff. Making linkage in wrong place. Should move irrelevant of dog bone angle. Have a look at the shock/swingarm with standard linkage shock fouls on rear of swingarm lockingnit all up. I had to dremel a cutout in swingarm to get clearence. 

When we did this,we used an srad cushion(spacers either side where it bolts to the frame)with homemade dogbones,the top shock mount was spaced out by 20mm :)

dsc00204yt.jpg

Ady fitted a busa aarm a few months later using the same above setup.
38391_418576677207_576267207_4547392_766

On 8 juni 2016 at 11:44 PM, cbr2gsxr said:

Wimbaas, I am buying the adapter. Exactly how do they bolt in? I see where the bolt goes through, but the plate behind it has 2 holes. Do those bolt to the frame?

Yes, that are the holes that fit at the underside of the frame where originally the exhaust collector is mounted. 

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring this up again but did you get this sorted after CBR2GSXR because I'm having the same issues? The suspension works but it's pretty hard. Thinking about trying that srab linkage as del said.what are these adapter plates like? How to they alter the linkage? Thanks. Sorry I haven't posted here before, I'll have up post up some pics of build so far :-)

Edited by Jpich85
More added
  • 7 months later...
On 08/06/2016 at 8:56 PM, WimBaas said:

Just buy the adapter plate. They are available and everything is an easy fitment. I know because I had them installed in the past. Slingshot with Busa swingarm and 6 inch rearwheel.

Hi WimBaas, where are they available from? 

• 1 year later...