When N/A is not enough

• 3 months later...

Happened to drop on a Uprated K5 shock on ebog....done by Ktech to accommodate a rather large track day bod.....

So fitted that to the turbo bike and the stock one to the latest project .....

Next job adjustable dog bones and RWYB

Edited by Duckndive
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Managed to get to RWYB sat morning

So 1st Run since Bulldog dint go to well clutch dragging so struggled to stage and Red lit so no time ...:$

Managed to get clutch to function so Run 2 was an improvement in the fact that i manged to hold it in stage but crap 60ft and some clutch slip only managed a 9:90.... dint bother to reload as the rain was on its way....Still at least blew the cobwebs and dust off it....:v

Video of 2nd Run Here https://youtu.be/GECCzvkAo_A

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gixer1460 said:

Damn Clive - it says it in your sig. line ! Alarm clock in the post! LOL!

Dam quick them 1000cc things with a sniff of gas..But don't sound as good as a draw thru ....9_9

Its quite a trick "read not cheap" motor  carrilos, overbore and HC slugs, Yoshi cams, Gen 2 clutch.. makes 200 bhp N/A then a 45 shot...goes mid 8,s

Alarm Clock on Order.................:v

• 4 weeks later...
On 9 July 2016 at 8:36 AM, Duckndive said:

Well I guess I,ll find out on the 31st at dyno..............9_9

So for a T3 snail fuelling a busa pistoned stock studded 1100k lump it made ...............230BHP & 110nm Torque...:banana:

Chart to follow when I get it...........    

Chart from 1st pull 220  ish image.jpeg

Edited by Duckndive
Added chart
  • Like 1

Minor update ...

the boost gauge decided to give up the ghost when it was on Dyno so back at home investigations revealed problem was school boy error  "one way valve wrong way" ...:$

so that sorted I thought I would check true PSI the gate was opening at so test pipe on to Tee Piece and Pump Pump and oooh dear  major Air leak......O.o

Pipe to gate split and hand pump cant overcome leak to open gate

Split.jpg

so replaced pipe and pump pump gate opens at 4PSI....last time I ran it with a working gauge it read 10PSI......so given the leak and dyno figures ...dug out what springs I have

Springs.jpg

Plumped for the thickest one....."how predictable" 9_9

So Pump Pump again and viola gate opens at 10PSI....

Gate set 10psi .jpg

So just clutch to reload and Bulldog here we go.......

And yes I can preload the spring for more Booooooost  :v will revisit Dyno after that

Ok landed at Bulldog Bash Thursday afternnon unloaded and set up camp..

Friday Signed on and give it a go......well new clutch is as grabby as a grabby thing..even after the plates had been soaked for 36hrs...so after 4 runs and not doing better than a 10.4 ...decide to call it a day pull out clutch......frictions dryer than the Nevada desert 9_9    so decide to put the hotch potch old set back in....Beer O,clock

Sat minor rain spots so sign on around 11;00 and have another go...that's better 1;7 60ft and a 10.008 at 149mph.......long queues so don't get back into fire up road before they shut it for the demos........Demos over and 10th in line ...B|.....nice burnout and motor pulls down a tad "track now prepped" but still 1;8 60ft...punch button 4 times and all is good,,,,,

Ride back Daughter has ticket.....9.70 at 154 Mph.......0.07 better than class leader who is out with problem

Bulldog 30 Ticket.jpg

So Time to let Little Legs have a go...on a demo no Pauls not been on a bike for 2 years so chuck him on a 230bhp turbo to wake him up...9_9.....

Paul & Shelley.jpg

Considering he could not get both feet on the floor....we wont talk about the 1st run....:v  2nd run was better 3rd was a 10.60 at 156mph.....So he's got he bug again....:tu

So a good time all round dint break bike for a change and won Fastest Classic..........Big thanks to Little Legs "Paul Shortland" and my Daughter Shelley who tirelessly carry pump, tools helmet jacket push bike around and endless supply of water and gee up's and Pi55 taking and Theresa for talking to Suzi 9_9 you are the Best :banana: 

BB Trophy.jpg

Edited by Duckndive
  • Like 10
On 17 August 2016 at 0:24 PM, Jellyfinger said:

Bike looked great and sounded even better, well done mate. (I did give you a quick wave as we passed each other on the return road, but we were both a bit "busy" at the time)

Yes I did see you on the return road and as you said a little pre occupied :v

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Use Less or Use Full Info ..:o...anyways managed to weigh bike today

Bike as built + Oil and 2 gallons Fuel tips the scales at 220Kg ...

A Stock Bike is listed by Suzuki at 232Kg Dry so would be 245Kg "ish"  with oil and 2 gallons of fuel

Given that with the exception of the engine everything else that has been changed is Heaver than the stock items I think it being 25Kg Lighter is a Result  B|

All up with me on-board its 320Kg...... Still quite a lump compared to a Modern Sports bike thou.....

Still More Fun and Better Tunes Thou... :banana:

• Like 3