When N/A is not enough

2 hours ago, jonny1bump said:

Nice improvement Clive 158 mph no mean feat well done.

I have herd rumblings may be bull dog next year. Was it good this year in general. You going hot rod drags.

You got red line set at 10500 in reality then, with how Suzuki tacho read high, for road machine too, best not to rev it more.

Its geared tall TBH....hit 4th at 1000ft ..And roll it off steady at Long Marston let engine and box do the work slowing down

always enjoy the Bulldog....will wait and see what they say for 2018.....Yes we should be at Hot Rod Drags .....:tu

I tend to punch 2nd & 3rd early and late on 4th.....9_9

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:50 PM, jonny1bump said:

Is it spinning up Clive so you punching early in the lower gears.

As your geared tall really need to let it rev less gear changes too may save a tenth or so.

TBH a better tyre would help .."easy fix"....It span the 1/4 on the last run I know as It reached 5th......LoL  B|

no Its a bit lively until it settles down in 3rd then I struggle to see the tacho with me head down  ..9_9

I'm going to sort the tyre and play with the clutch "static pressure" ..then maybe change gearing

I would like more springs in the clutch to make it more tuneable on the static...TBH...... and Suzuki plates have gone crap of late I think they are using a different material as they are bone dry after 2 runs.....

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Brad said:

Have you been running it on the road too? Everyone raves about the drivability of blow through set ups, how do you find a draw through? They defiantly look cooler!

I,ve not had this one on the road ..but I used my old EFE draw Thru on the road a lot....Similar Set up turbo wise motor but with a HSR 42 Carb....

No problem on road and sounds sooo much better than a Blow Thru :pimp:

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still works..............

Run 1 60ft took longer than Sammys Record 1/4..9_9 ..due to almighty bog then wheel spin....

Run 2 Drop tyre pressure...Better but still spun then carb fell off some ware past 1/2 track 9_9 Opps

Run 3 Drop Tyre even more better "no cigar" 60ft but motor dead at 1000ft .:(.but 9.5 will do ..:banana:

Investigation Underway "faulty kill switch"

PODTIMES_09_06_2018.thumb.JPG.f8d6815d6d415abb240b819d8cc5bf19.JPG

1208071789_GUILTY5058234_10216044630452270_736425258759749632_n.thumb.jpg.5d5be2b73de50ee5ded2b8c6bfbf3c6b.jpg

Edited by Duckndive
Updated info + pic
  • Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Attractive..................they won't understand - you best explain! LOL

After all these years, you would have thought someone would have come up with a air switch that doesn't break every 5 minutes - the MRE ones are shite!

It,s not broke it just stuck in the kill position due to shuttle being Dry.....tapped on vice and lubed with WD and its fine now....the spare I got of Roger does have a better switch on it thou :tu

Edited by Duckndive
spilling