Gsx11 pistons in Gs1000 ???

Guys

I am looking for a big bore kit for my gs1000, I have been offered a set of new in the packet pistons and rings for a gs1100. The packaging is marked gs1100 and it is my suspicion these are American parts for what we would call a gsx1100. 

If my suspicion is correct will gsx11 pistons fit in my gs1000 ? 

Ta. 

No, wrist pin is larger for the 4 valve engines vs the 2 valve engines. If you want to do it on the cheap then GS1100L, G or GK pistons will work.

Unless the set you are being offered are for the 2valve engines as there are big bore kits available for the 1100 2 valve engines, takes the engine to 1135 IIRC. However, the 1000 will not be happy with that much removed from the bores, you will need to re-sleeve  or get a factory 1100 cylinder assy.

If you can see the kit being offered you will be able to tell the 4 valve possibility by the 4 valve reliefs in the piston head vs 2 reliefs.

Edited by Fjbj40
2 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Not quite correct the GSX1100 (ET / Katana's - USA GS1100) use a 18mm pin like the GS1000 - the later GSX1100 (ie GS1150 / EFE ) had the 20mm pins, so those pistons could be fine. Just ask the seller the pin diameter?

Doh! Right you are, I was mixed up with the 1150, 20mm vs 18mm pins for the 1000/1100.

All the same, I have been told in the past the 4 valve pistons are a bad idea because of the valve reliefs? Never tried it because of that. Do you know of anybody that has? It would be interesting to hear the results.

4 hours ago, Duckndive said:

If I recall there was a thread about the very cheap "chinky" pistons kits on Eblag  for the gs1000 ......

I,m sure someone said they had used a set without issue ..but I cant find the thread ...so may have been on faceache........O.o

I think this was the seller....http://stores.Eblag.co.uk/cruzinimage-uk1484?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

I have a set of the cheep gs1000, 1100cc big bore kit positions (from China) in my gs1000g, been in there for about 2 years and used the bike every day all year round for work with no problems.

never put on a rolling road, so can't tell you what the bhp is, but you do notice to extra torque :D

• Like 2

Use 1984 gpz1100 pistons. They have 18mm pin and are 72.5 mm stock. You will need to use 2 base gaskets to get the deck height right. The compression ratio should be up a point from std gs as well. Do dry build to get it right and check valve to piston. Cut outs in pistons are bigger than gs so all good there. 

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
11 minutes ago, thr3shold said:

Can you give me more info on this piston swap or point me to where I can find it? This sort of oddball thing is right up my alley.

Hi and welcome. 

Please hop over to the general section and properly introduce yourself. 

We like to know who we are sharing our info with. Thank you.

1 hour ago, thr3shold said:

Can you give me more info on this piston swap or point me to where I can find it? This sort of oddball thing is right up my alley.

If this sort of thing is right up your alley, interduce yourself put up some pics of your Suzuki and be part of the group if not don't come and ask again (y)