1052 noises

Hi everyone. I recently got my slabby up and running after an 8year lay off. It had a few issues so I've been nursing it around between 4-5k rpm. Got it all sort yesterday so gave it a small handful. At about 7k there was a very quick judder (which I thought was clutch) but when I slowed down the cam chain (I think) was very noisy. I suspected a broken cct so put in a spare. Noise went but maybe some small tapping. Next ride judder occured again and now no chain noise but lots of loud tapping. So question is has cam chain stretched so much that cct is barely working on it and has chain slipped round. Bikes done 100,000miles and has unknown history. All input very welcome. Ta

IMG_20180510_190042747.jpg

I take no pride in my shameful abuse of this lovely bike. I've saved up a bit and sold my sister so the engine will get lots of shiny new bits. I've also got a spare motor fitted with 1127 pistons , bought off Eblag and meant to be lovely , thing is I've never managed to make it fire even once. B12 motor maybe ?

I would rather keep it an 'all say what now!?' bike. I just wondered if a b12 motor might be a cheap and quick way to get me back on the road.  The 1052 engine needs to come out for inspection and repair so I could put the 1109 back in and try again (put my hip out last time I did that- I'm only 8stone). But I'm not sure where to start diagnosing why it doest fire so any help would be much appreciated.

I don't have any info or history for the 1109. It was an Eblag purchase. The bloke told me he tried it and it was strong but all I've got is his word. I picked it up from his lock up and he had a garage full of slabby bits so I took him at his word. I've fitted it to my bike twice and tried every cheap trick , two batteries and a big diesel battery and done nowt but burn out a starter motor. Not one puff , bang or pop.

I've got the 1109 sitting in the wheel barrow and just taking the 1052 apart , hopefully all the bolts will come out and will confirm ignition pick ups. I've never worked on a 4stroke before so fingers crossed. Just about to lift cam cover on 1052 , good news is that there's copper slip on the button head bolts so someone's been in there.

Hmmm! Cam should be dripping with oil or at least wet if it hasn't run for a few days - what do the cam lobes  / tappet pads look like? If scored then remove the cam - I suspect the cam journals may be toast! It may also indicate a gallery blockage up to the head on that side ....... more investigation!

I'm a bit daunted at the prospect of removing the cam. The lobes showed some marking , not scored more smeared. I looked at the oil passage ways in the cover and noticed that if I blew down the right side one there was more resistance than the left . This turned out to be the Allen bolt on the outside wound in till it partially blocked the oil flow. Didn't think this was normal so I've fitted a small washer to it , put it all back together and just been out for a gentle ride. I'll get the cover back off and see if it's dry again.