carb rubbers

johnr

im struggling to fit the carbs to the gsxr engine in my kat. the carbs it came with are 36mm, but ive a set of 38mm ones that used to be on my old kat, anyhow, i thought id fit them to the motor in the bike(1100k engine) but theres just no way theyre going to fit so im heading back to fitting the 36mm's but im gonna need to sort the jetting on them and the clock is ticking for when im gonna need it on the road. so, are there bigger rubbers available for the engine that the 38mm ones came off, or, alternatively, should i just fit the other set in the cupboard that came off a 1200 bandit? any tips, ive tried warming the rubbers with the hot air gun but no matter how pliable i get the rubbers, i just cant manhandle the carbs on. help!!!!

The carb throats should line up directly with the inlet rubbers - if they obviously don't then they may be off a W/C engine and they won't fit as spacing is deffo wrong. 36mm carbs will fall into 38mm rubbers - again if they are 36mm air / oil cooled carbs. 40mm rubbers are available but they'd never properly tighten down on 36mm carbs! I've seen people use ratchet straps to squeeze carbs into rubbers but it really shouldn't be necessary even when the rubbers are semi-hard.

Edited by Gixer1460

If you have the standard gsxr1100k (36mm carb) rubbers on, the 38mm carbs will not fit in the 36mm rubbers. You need to get the gsxr750l/m carb rubbers. The b12 carbs will fit the standard gsxr1100k rubbers.

The w/c 38mm carbs do fit the oil cooled motors they are just very tite.

carbs were originally on an oilcooled 750, they line up, but theyre fecking huge. anyhow, ive fitted the 36mm ones cos i just ned to get it running first and i will faff with it later on.  bloody thing wont spark so i need to sort that out first.