Gsx1100g exhaust systems 4 into 1

Hey guys, another question from the noob of tropical Florida. 

Was wondering what exhaust systems I can use for this bike, I have k&n pod filters I'm looking at and factory pro jet kit. Want to get a good but not to expensive exhaust for it. Companies to look at and do exhausts that fit on the katana 1100 for this? 

I know I know I am not the most knowledgeable with this I'm sorry.

Thanks guys links would be much appreciated

-slim

Main thing to remember is the gsx1100f your thinking of IS NOT A KATANA :D

The answer to your question is basically yes, all the zorsts from the gsxr1100 (1127), b12, gsx1100f and gsx1100g will all for the engine prots. 

You may need to change the dump and oil pickup depending on the first you put on, as the oil cooled motors that have a 4-1 on have a different dump the the 4-2 zorst.

If your looking for performance zorst they are not cheep even 2nd hand.

4-1 is good for top end, 4-2-1 is good for all over power (some may disagree, just going of what dyna tell me)

Doing a swop from your gsxg to a gsxf zorst there is no gain.

Depends on your budget, Danvic do a good zorst for not much cash.

Hey wraith thanks so much for all your help I really do appreciate it, like I said in a noob so imma blow this site with questions.

Well if I'm just foijng to be spending around the same amount of cash then what companies shoukd i be kooking at and with the 4-2-1 should I go with a stage 2 or stage 3 jet kit.

• Like 1
On 4/14/2018 at 5:52 AM, wraith said:

Main thing to remember is the gsx1100f your thinking of IS NOT A KATANA :D

The answer to your question is basically yes, all the zorsts from the gsxr1100 (1127), b12, gsx1100f and gsx1100g will all for the engine prots. 

You may need to change the dump and oil pickup depending on the first you put on, as the oil cooled motors that have a 4-1 on have a different dump the the 4-2 zorst.

If your looking for performance zorst they are not cheep even 2nd hand.

4-1 is good for top end, 4-2-1 is good for all over power (some may disagree, just going of what dyna tell me)

Doing a swop from your gsxg to a gsxf zorst there is no gain.

Depends on your budget, Danvic do a good zorst for not much cash.

What do you mean by dump and oil pick up? And thanks for telling me which headers will fit that helps a lot on what to look for on the interwebs I'm definitely looking for a 4 to 2 to 1 .

Hey wraith I know you said going to a bandit headers would be pointless for performance upgrade right? Well I was still toying the idea of getting a set and then getting a mid pipe and exhaust aftermarket. (Keeping it inexpensive as possible) I didn't pull the trigger on other buys Would it just be in my best interest to find a full system ? And also the 4 to 1 wouldn't help on my motor or would it (after jetting with it of course). I found some good headers and good price for a 2000 b12 and price a midpipe/exhaust set up keeps me still about 250 to 350 cheaper than full aftermarket.

Don't know about over in the USA but there are end cans (2 of) on Eblag new for about £60 (from China) I got one last year stainless steel £33 and seems good gear. So I'd your looking for looks and a bit extra, then may be the way to go instead of named performance which has the extra price for the name ;)

10 hours ago, wraith said:

Don't know about over in the USA but there are end cans (2 of) on Eblag new for about £60 (from China) I got one last year stainless steel £33 and seems good gear. So I'd your looking for looks and a bit extra, then may be the way to go instead of named performance which has the extra price for the name ;)

Well tell me the brand or link me so I can look into them. Lol. I might have to got to a muffler shop to have something bent up for me because my cans are also welded to the mid pipe which then connects to two headers rather than the heads tee'd off to a single pipe then to the can. If that makes sense how I explained it. Just need to have an adapter made. Ideas ideas ideas. Nothings ever easy lol.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2018 at 6:44 PM, wraith said:

The bandit 1200 down pipes will go on (sump allowing) but

1. Not a performance down pipe.

2. Very heavy as they are double skinned.

You would get just as much performance with your standard down pipes by putting a good set of open end cans and a rejet. ;)

Well, I pulled the trigger on a nice set of 2001 down pipes. 60 bucks with shipping. Reasons:

1. More options for cans, 2. 4 into 1 for top end gain 3. Least expensive way to go about it. Untill bonus comes in :banana:4. All aftermarket parts and cans for my bike are way to expensive for little to no gain or even looks.

I've got a dynojet stage two coming in and new Airbox k&n filter along with black widow exhaust and link pipe.

So as you were saying, I need a different oil pan correct so that the headers don't hit right? So just get the pan off of a b12 on Eblag should match up correct? If I'm wrong please explain a little bit more detailed sorry for being a horrible youngster.

13 hours ago, NuuAgeSlim said:

So as you were saying, I need a different oil pan correct so that the headers don't hit right? So just get the pan off of a b12 on Eblag should match up correct? If I'm wrong please explain a little bit more detailed sorry for being a horrible youngster.

Yup should bolt right up ... but you need the oil pick ups as well.

If you have not yet, have a good read at Frankenstein 's page's they are very very good for all the things and more you're asking about ;)

Not saying we/I don't want to answer your questions, their is stuff in there which is very helpful ;) and well worth a read.

I think the gsx1100g sump is the only one that fits iirc, checkthe part number on the gasket to find out.

Ive got a complete G exhaust with remus titanium end can on that is going to be for sale but it looks like you're sorted now, that and im in the uk so postage probably wont be cheap.