750 slabside lump??

Hi all, 

Not long aquired a 89 750 slingshot with a 750 slabby engine fitted and have a t25 lying around, so the cogs have started wurring so to speak lol

I have had a good read through the forum and the net and cant seem to find anyone thats put the 2 together.

Any particular reason why not? I know a blandit 12 lump is preffered due to having lower compression and more displacement but i was under the impression you could turbo pretty much anything provided you kept the boost at a sensible level and fueling was spot on...

Anyways you get the idea, is it doomed from the off or is there a chance i could make it work provided i kept the boost low (was thinking 6psi ish)

Cheers

Tom

My first build was a 750 slabby  stock engine with t2 turbo on the old site

6 psi on stock engine made about 125 bhp at the wheel

clutch didn’t hold and i was bored very soon by the power builded a 1216 turbo within 6 months

still some stuff to find on a boring dutch site i used to post in

http://www.motor-forum.nl/forum/list_messages/172376/0/0/proffie

Edited by Leblowski

These replys are giving me some hope now, just out of interest are 750 exhaust ports the same spacing as all the other size oil boilers? Planning to make my own plenum and have someone else weld it all together as will use ally sheet but would rather try and source an exhaust manifold thats already made for the job as dont really have the tooling available to bend steel tube about etc.

23 hours ago, FazzGT550 said:

These replys are giving me some hope now, just out of interest are 750 exhaust ports the same spacing as all the other size oil boilers? Planning to make my own plenum and have someone else weld it all together as will use ally sheet but would rather try and source an exhaust manifold thats already made for the job as dont really have the tooling available to bend steel tube about etc.

loopie aka dave Dunlop at FBM turbo systems makes headers and plenums, give him a call on 07581 304745

Mine was a short stroke 750 slingshot. Didnt have much luck with the carbs (just me) so went efi, then did ny own 813cc big bore with zx10 pistons. Only made about 130bhp at the rear wheel on 10psi, mainly because the  zx10 pistons dropped the the cr too much so that would have dropped the na power starting point. Even though, SO much fun to ride, like a giant 2 stroke, without being silly power so could still wind it on and have some fun. 

Also here in Oz on ASF site, Latheboy has a longstroke (same as your engine basically) slingshot running blow through carb, t25 on 10 psi i think, stock motor, 1100 clutch and making the 150bhp ish by memory. He does work in a dyno shop so it has had endless dyno time to dial it in perfect. Pretty sure its running different jets in each carb to even fueling to air delivery by plenum etc. But still pretty impressive for a stock motor. I think he blew a motor up at the drags, but was back running again quick as, cause 750 motors are ten a penny and no prepping other than n clutch needed lol

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:32 PM, slingy1157 said:

Mine was a short stroke 750 slingshot. Didnt have much luck with the carbs (just me) so went efi, then did ny own 813cc big bore with zx10 pistons. Only made about 130bhp at the rear wheel on 10psi, mainly because the  zx10 pistons dropped the the cr too much so that would have dropped the na power starting point. Even though, SO much fun to ride, like a giant 2 stroke, without being silly power so could still wind it on and have some fun. 

Also here in Oz on ASF site, Latheboy has a longstroke (same as your engine basically) slingshot running blow through carb, t25 on 10 psi i think, stock motor, 1100 clutch and making the 150bhp ish by memory. He does work in a dyno shop so it has had endless dyno time to dial it in perfect. Pretty sure its running different jets in each carb to even fueling to air delivery by plenum etc. But still pretty impressive for a stock motor. I think he blew a motor up at the drags, but was back running again quick as, cause 750 motors are ten a penny and no prepping other than n clutch needed lol

Hey Slingy, how's it going?

I've just rejoined, been a while.

Didn't blow the motor, smashed the gearbox.

Tom, the 750 Clutch is not up to the job for boost, retro fit an 1100 coil spring one onto your flywheel... fairly easy but I have a full machine shop to play with.

T28 and 10 pounds all day everyday and 150HP at the wheel, yes lots of time on the DYNO but it's free.

I have spun the clutch because I had "Help" one day put some new bits on and the wastegate controller was put on backwards.

I saw 22PSI on the gauge when the clutch slipped but the motor lived. The 750 is well up to the task for boost, i'll fix the clutch and turn it up.....

IMAG0020.jpg

• Like 6