GSXR1100W and Bandit 1250 interchangeability

• 2 years later...
On 3/30/2018 at 9:25 PM, Cheeky4648 said:

you can put top end from 1250 onto 1100w bottom end. Crank is different as 1250 has alternator on end of crank. Barrels are chrome bore instead of linered wet block 1100w. Cams interchange. Crank shells are the same as 1100 and busa. Just had a set of barrels replated to fit busa pistons for my turbo project. Throttle Bodys will fit 1100w but the secondary butterfly servo motor is in the middle of the tbs. spacing is same though. I'm using 2012 gsxr750 tbs spaced so I can use 2 stages of injectors. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

hello new to the page can across this thread and had some questions since i have a 96 1100W im building. So it possible to use the 1250 cylinders on the W 1100 bottem with the w1100 cylinder head corrected with no real complication?? how does the coolent system flow would everything as far as water jackets line up?? really was just thinking of using the cylinders to get more bore size seeing as how you can only bore so big with the W's cylinder walls