Gsxr 750 w 1100 w dipped beam

Hi all, 

I've been adapting the wiring at the lights on my Gsxr 750w make the it suit a street fighter style.  This is what I've done so far:

-Cut one of the plugs (originally there were two plugs for two  headlights). My understanding is that these were originally H4 bulbs 55/60w, with both lights on at dipped and main beam. My though process was that the second plug would not be necessary as one feeds the other in parallel so there should still be power there if I lose a plug. 

When  I wired it all up and tested it I'm only getting main beam, no dipped headlight at all. 

Am I missing anything obvious here? Does the bike need to be fired to enable dipped beam or something daft like that? Pretty confident the loom is OK. 

The pic shows the headlight loom I made attached to the headlight

15207157793401867617800.jpg

Thanks for all your responses. I got it sorted in the end. There was a terminal, on the switch connector for dipped headlights, which appears to have had some heat damage at some point. This had caused the male and female terminals to not mate properly. Pinched the female terminal with pliers and it worked. 

• Like 1