Slabbie advise

harryhoarder

Going to get my 1988 slabbie back on the road after being laid up since about 95!!  Lots of bikes have come and gone but couldn't get rid of the old girl. 

It's a tight budget so would like some advice /opinions 

Keeping it mostl standard

Refurb forks with new springs and cartridge fork emulators 

Refurb brakese

I've heard that later model master cylinders improve standard brakes is this true?  

Check replace all chassis bearings

Service engine

Fit hindle exhaust headers (bought the last ones available a few years ago, so I was told) 

Find suitable endcan Yoshi or racefit

Once it's up and running will use it and see if it's still what I want to ride. If so will get the paint work sorted. 

Edited by harryhoarder
Forgot something. Seen that z750 wheels fit slabbie is this a simple fit
  • Like 1

Bike is buried at the back of a 150 by 50 foot shed full of stuff. Am in the process of sorting it all out so pics will appear at some point but dont hold your breath. If you watch American pickers my shed is like one of the ones they visit. 3 generations of hoarding hence the forum name!!  Its a disease but I'm trying to cure myself lol

8 hours ago, Tony Nitrous said:

I have Busa masters on Renthals, the angle they sit at isnt great.

Although they may both work I'd prefer Bandit ones on flat bars and Busa ones on slopping clip-on's (if that makes sense?) 

That's the whole idea of using  'Busa masters. They look std, are an up-grade for the originals, and the angle is right for clip-ons.