Hard welded rockers. Who does'em besides APE

TiZiK

After destroying one set of rockers and cams due to a top end oiling issue, I may have squeaked another set trying to sort out the oiling. Just moved across the country and won't be able to see what damage has been done from last time it was running as bike is in  storage for a couple months. There was a small squeak coming from #1 cylinder cam area. Pretty sure at the minimum a rocker has been damaged. Sooner or later ill need a set of hard welded rockers. 

I'm in Canada and the only place I know of is APE Racing in the States. They also charge $60 per rocker. With the exchange rate and shipping, I'm looking at appx $500 cad for a set.

Are there any other options besides APE?

5 minutes ago, Duckndive said:

They are only normally needed with very high lift cams and high valve spring pressures  

Oil boilers have an abundance of oil in the top end

I have stiffer springs. Engine is also dry blocked and I'm running external lines. Also feeding a turbo which I think is robbing pressure\flow from the top end feed. Regardless, won't know until a couple months when I get access to the bike again. Gonna need a hard faced set sooner or later. Running out of good spares also. Haha

Edited by TiZiK
1 minute ago, TiZiK said:

I have stiffer springs. Engine is also dry blocked sontunning external lines. Also feeding a turbo which I think is robbing pessure\flow from the top end feed. Regardless, won't know until a couple months when I get access to the bike again. Gonna need a hard faced set sooner or later. Running out of good spares also. Haha

I run a set off silly cams and HD springs  in a GSXR head on one of my GSX motors ...which have a drip of oil compared to a oil boiler with no trouble .....O.o

the turbo feed should not make hardly any difference to the supply to the cams ......

I used to work a lot in the U.S. and often spent my spare time searching for car and motorcycle parts, wherever I was. When I ran into Web cams (somewhere close to L.A.), I had them do a set of rocker arms for my oil boilers. I don't remember the exact cost, but it was a lot cheaper than APE (where I used to purchase hard-welded rocker arms). It's probably 10 years ago by now, but it could be worth a try.  

• Like 1