dot head on 1052

stellafella

I've got a dot head without cams which has been lurking in the back of my shed for a while. Thinking about putting it on my 1052 motor and have a few questions banging around in my mind.

if any body can help with advice and or suggestion it would be much appreciated.  Would like to keep the midrange grunt .

I've got some 1052 and k / l camshafts, which would be preferable or do I need to look for some dot head cams.

Best inlet rubbers and carbs,  34 or 36 and is there any known fitment issues with interference with frame 

any other known issues ?

If you  havent got got dot head cams, dot head swap is not really worth the effort. Its the cams that give most of the gain.

Personally im not a big fan of the dot head swap at all. Dropping the dit cams in a stock head is normally goid for 10ish bhp, your only looking at 12-15 for the whole head swap, then you have the different inlet angles etc that can mess with fuel tap clearence on some frames.

• Like 1