Air cooled GSX550ES motor into 600F?

Motovalet

I’ve had no interest in my Little GSX550ES or my 600F rolling chassis and I want a project to while away what’s left of Winter! My question is, would my little 550 motor fit in the teapot frame? A daft mix maybe and in an ideal world I’d want an 1100F in there! Alas, as on a budget as in skintsville, is this a viable, straightforward swap?? There’s plenty of space but it might look a bit lost in there or need lots of brackets / engine mounts making up? Views, opinions and pointers please? Pics of both are attached.

1758A686-7922-4E28-BB69-69E75A9EFE52.jpeg

AF504467-3B04-4A4B-B76B-B26AB2F3AAA2.jpeg

Seen people putting the gsx6f motor in the 550 but never the other way round, it should fit but I would think you would need to make engine mounts.

Must say, your gsx550 look good (y) and I'd keep it as is and save some cash and look out for a gsxr1100/b12/gsx1100f motor for the teapot ;)

• Like 1

if thats your 550, then why not sell it and buy an 1100 engine for the teapot? there arent many 550s about now, and thats the cleanest one ive seen in ages. you could fit its engine in the gsxf, but i cant help but wonder why? the twin choke carbs on the 550 are notoriously finnicky and temperamental, fitting it in the gsxf frame will almost certainly mean dispensing with an airbox, so you will then need to faff with them to try and get it to run right.  go for it if you want the challenge, but in all honesty, all i can see is a nice aircooled bike and a poxy budget parts bin special. taking the engine from one and putting it in the other will just make it run worse, make less power and look terrible.  go for it if you like the thought of throwing money out of the window on a windy day....

• Like 1