damn I never thought of that mate.

Too late anyway, its now been sanded, primed, sanded back with 800grit,  and currently white is being put on, ive been a busy boy. 2 coats done, 1 to go.

And a word of advice, DO NOT buy the cheap paint from Eblag, its cheap for a reason, reason being its crap.

I'm back on the good  (read -expensive) standox stuff now. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

ive started my spare TL bodywork  this week.

ive got as far as filling out the dents, priming it and base coating it silver. 

I'm thinking about a retro yoshimura red and grey type design, but that's just todays lates idea, which means I will probably change my mind by tea time. oh if anyone is thinking about trying out some painting themselves - don't ever use halfrauds wet and dry, its utter garbage. Get yourself some 3m stuff and thank me later

reason for posting is because I'm still looking for a Tl1000s mudguard, to complete the kit. Anyone got one for sale?

please?

Edited by baldrick

spare TL bodykit (except the front mudguard grrr) is now done.

Its a kinda  based on the old Yoshi colours (red / dark grey),with a little bit of silver metallic, but I couldn't be arsed mixing up the dark grey, so I used a mix of left over metallic siver, metallic audi arablau blue and a splash of black, and I gotta say, the colour looks bloody great, its like a dark silvery grey , with a hint of blue, and lots of metallic, kinda hard to describe.

see?........................ it pays to be a slacker

I will obviously post some pics when its dry, .........................................................................cos I'm a tart

Edited by baldrick

file.php?id=651

I have been painting for a long time....35 years and counting....

On all the projects I do at work, (and for myself) every line gets bladed....It makes a world of difference when the clear goes on.

It can be pretty tricky, and there is always a chance that the blade will dig in too much and cause more work.... But it's one of the many tricks to learn.

• Like 5
  • 1 year later...