GSX750EF/ES Shock Absorber Compatibility

SATANSAM

Hi there,

I'm new here. I'm from Benidorm (Spain) and I'm restoring the GSX750EF I bought cheap. Everything now is good, motor, carbs, brakes...EXCEPT FOR REAR SHOCK ABSORBER that is completely ready for scrap. So, I'm looking for 2nd hand like from GSXR's & things like that...Does anyone no of a shock absorber suitable for this GSX750EF - (GR72A)?

Nice discovering this forum!

Cheers.

Hey thanx Swiss & stargixxer. What I've done today was contactin with proffesional garages that mend shock abs. and sell new ones. They all told me that the this absorber is ermeic and that it's not possible to mend (Everything is, but still...Time is gold) . BUT, one of them wanted to sell me a Wilber absorber for 399€ (About 335 punds)So I went into the Wilber shop website,  the web asked me "What bike have you got?" choosed GSX750EF/ES , then I did the same but choosing GSX-R 750 | WVB3 (K5)

AND GESS WHAT?! Both share 2 same shock absorbers, the GSXR has a superior extra Shock Absorber to choose,  very expensive, sporty that isn't available for our GSX750EF/ES.

So after this, what I'm going to do is I'M GOING TO BUY AN ORIGINAL 2ND HAND GSXR750 K5 SHOCK FOR 50€ OR 100€ IN MINT CONDITION. AND GET DRUNK.

Cheers amigoz :)

Hi again folks,

A bit of a silly question. I finaly received A Gsxr 1100 K5 SHOCK...Like @Jameskat said, the bottom mount isn't the same (the original has a silentblock, this one hasn't, this one has the silentblocks in the swingarm or whereve it conects).

QUESTION:

IS IT THAT IMPORTANT TO PUT SILENTBLOCK IN THE BOTTOM MOUNT WHERE IT SCREWES TO THE SWINGARM?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I must ask!!!

Thanx again

On 15/02/2018 at 1:54 PM, SATANSAM said:

QUESTION:

IS IT THAT IMPORTANT TO PUT SILENTBLOCK IN THE BOTTOM MOUNT WHERE IT SCREWES TO THE SWINGARM?

Uhmm.. Pictures would help, but I guess perhaps the newer GSX-R shock might have a spherical mount in the bottom eyelet rather than a silent block to compensate for slight misalignments? Investigate?

Yyyyep, thanx for your help. I finally sold de gsxr shock and bought a Hagon made for this bike (375€)...Crazy, but it was heading to be an enginiering job....The only way I can imagen would be changing the swingarm and shock....Na...Same price and not sure it would work anyway. Thanx!

• 2 weeks later...