Gsxr 1100 L

MarkGsxr

1 hour ago, no class said:

Is it always about the money ?  If it's mint and you actually plan on riding it..... buy it. 

Defo going to ride it......Been know to loose my head a bit when buying bikes and was after sone reassurance if Im honest that Im not going to pay too much but if I like it who cares

• Like 2

The guys have already said it, sounds like you want it too, price on older bikes is so open to the individual - to me £4k ish if it's a lovely bike, but if you're keeping it as has been said, then does it really matter so much ?  I just hate seeing those 'great investment' ads, selling good old machines for ornaments - motorcycles mean nothing if not being run and ridden - hell you might as well have a mock up on a stand ! - err sorry about the semi rant about people taking bikes out of circulation :)

As many have done, if you've got a keeper, you end up spending shed loads of money on them anyway - much more spent on it than it cost to buy in the first place - is it worth it - hell yes !!

• Like 3

It's not just the cost of buying it though is it ... apart from the obvious tax and insurance costs, the cost of modification will probably bust any hope of keeping sensible budget anyway.

It may be advertised as "mint" but is it really. It's a 28 year old bike. I'd say just do some research, get a feel for how much you can spend right now, then make a reasonable/fair offer base don what you see. The owner can only say no! 

Thanks for the reply guys....prices seem to be getting silly these days...I looked about the same time last year and now people are asking/getting about a £1000 more again,if Im going to buy one needs to be pretty soon or they will be out of reach money like whats happened with the Katana for example

2 hours ago, MarkGsxr said:

Thanks for the reply guys....prices seem to be getting silly these days...I looked about the same time last year and now people are asking/getting about a £1000 more again,if Im going to buy one needs to be pretty soon or they will be out of reach money like whats happened with the Katana for example

You've therefore answered your own question (y)