BMW s1000 rear shock

The frame number is no longer present on the side of the frame (can I get it from anywhere else). The v5 states 750. I suppose it may be possible the previous owner may gave it to me unwittingly or he in turn may have been given it unwittingly when he bought it. 

5 minutes ago, Simbec1863 said:

From memory I’m pretty sure GU75 prefix is a water cooled 1100 frame

750’s were GR 75,77,7A,7B depending on the year etc slabby slingshot water buffalo 

I have the codes somewhere if I can find them I’ll post here

I believe your right. That was the conclusion I came to. Just wanted to check I hadn't misinterpreted the code

I'm just not expecting a casting,  at least with the bolt on top mount you have some options.

I can see how that shock should work with a WP banana Arm, with the overbracing I can't see it.

I have a K5 shock here, doing nothing, that I can send over, but I can't see that it's going to help. 

Length is 325, but the bottle sits much higher. 

If you want it, drop me a line.

13 minutes ago, markfoggy said:

I'm just not expecting a casting,  at least with the bolt on top mount you have some options.

I can see how that shock should work with a WP banana Arm, with the overbracing I can't see it.

I have a K5 shock here, doing nothing, that I can send over, but I can't see that it's going to help. 

Length is 325, but the bottle sits much higher. 

If you want it, drop me a line.

I know what your saying. I'm thinking whoever posted previously saying that the s1000 shock is a bolt on has either just measured the hole centres and never actually tried it, or they have only tried it with a bananarama

Ok, well that shock looks more 315 than 310 so lets see if we can fix it.

I'm trying to do this.

rtoZB3Sl.jpg

Similar sort of packaging.

9C8uvghl.jpg

Ohlins has a lower bottle, K5 sits higher. They come out at 325 so possible to run longer bones on the WR/S arm or maybe run a 750 WP linkage with the over braced arm, I think there may be an advantage there.

I have no doubt that a grown up will be along in a minute with the asnswer.