BMW s1000 rear shock

Hi all. Just bought myself a 1000rr rear shock and gone to bolt it up but I am having a problem. The gas canister is resting on the brace of the swing arm impeding the movement of the arm. 

I have a wn frame with the braced arm using all of the original hardware with the braced arm Inc dog bones. 

Has anyone fitted one and know how to overcome the problem? 

Hadn't though about rotating the canister. What would you be aiming to achieve  your rotating it? 

Regards top shock mount I know what you mean as all of the fiches for all years show a bolt on mount. I was equally perplexed by that. 

Also is that an aprillia swing arm? Which model/year. Do you think it will change the geometry much? 

Edited by Spadge

Some shocks allow the canister to move/rotate in an up direction but can't see if the casing is cast or separate.  What does yer frame vin number start with. 

And do check length of dog bones. Too long will cause that problem.

As for Aprilia arm. Rsv 2002 model.it won't fit till I remove 30mm aprox.  Basically chop down and reweld up. That's in my track day build.

750/900 track day bike in projects too!

Yes, I like being in my workshop. Peace! :banana:

Avoid rsv 2004 ones as they can self destruct.

Edited by Madb
Auto correct!!!