I didn't find my old Katana but I did find this...

7 hours ago, FairlyFast said:

Lots of questions to follow but one quick one that my recent searching didn't resolve, is there a ready solution for the speedo drive, I've the K6 front and the original clocks?

I had an absolute mare sorting that out. I have bandit wheels, TL1000S forks and managed to mate the speedo drive - we managed to bore it and take the inside diameter out enough to use the TL1000S front wheel spindle. So if we can solve it .. I reckon you should be fine! Measure, measure again ... and work out what needs to happen. details on my build thread.  hope that helps - there's also more details on my blog - see my sig! 

Welcome to OSS :) can't go wrong with a Kat yours looks nice but must agreed about the paint work ;)

As to your question, I have seen on the net (cannot remember where, maybe flebay) that you can get a magnetic pick up sender for the front wheel which has a worm drive at the other end for the clocks.

• Like 1
On 1/24/2018 at 11:57 PM, Solcambs said:

I had an absolute mare sorting that out. I have bandit wheels, TL1000S forks and managed to mate the speedo drive - we managed to bore it and take the inside diameter out enough to use the TL1000S front wheel spindle. So if we can solve it .. I reckon you should be fine! Measure, measure again ... and work out what needs to happen. details on my build thread.  hope that helps - there's also more details on my blog - see my sig! 

Many thanks. Looks like an option to explore, and a good read :)

On 24/01/2018 at 5:38 PM, FairlyFast said:

This was my old one, sold it a long time ago and recently tried to track it down. Black of course :)

Kat1.jpg

This bike looks familiar. Was it featured in Performance Bikes many moons ago? If it's the bike I am thinking about something very similar was for sale on Eblag a year or so ago. It stands out to me because it has WP forks and Spondon discs.

Ah, there it is, yes :) 

I put the EF engine in it after I killed the original on an ill-advised flyer at RAF Woodbridge! I bought a whole bike and parted the rest out and basically got a free engine - the Cobra exhaust came with that, I can't remember why I didn't re-use the Harris Collection one at the time.

After a steer on here I worked out that I sold it to Ash on the IoM, but he couldn't recall where it went after him - beyond it was Birkenhead?

It looks like he swapped out the White Power USD forks, spondon discs, Harris clip-ons etc (basically front end) and the white mag Dymags.

It's good to see its still out there :)

• Like 1