pilot jets 82 kat 1100

katana11

folks i have a pilot jet blocked on my katana 1100 ,i was going to buy 4 new ones ,the thoughts of pulling the carbs is killing me,any help  or ideas be great,also what is the size i ask for when buying the pilot jets ? i was told 47.5 is the size has anyone got a part number ?,can i get originals ?,is there any additive i can add to clear it ? thanks again folks 

Edited by katana11

Give ALLEN'S a bell  , they should know size and type , bleed non bleed . Pilots generally make it hunt on tick over and fluffy just over . If you are suffering this your gonna have to pull the carbs but . . . . You could try draining the carbs and filling bowls with carb cleaner  then running . Got me out the sticky stuff on more than one occasion 

sick is not the fecking word,pulled off the airbox,tank,carbs the lot,stripped the carbs fitted new pilots did not see feck all wrong with old ones,so decided to change the plugs lo and behold one of the plugs was drowned with fuel,so i did not need to do any of the above lesson learned check plugs first in future will fit carbs tonight and keep u posted

• Like 1
4 hours ago, katana11 said:

sick is not the fecking word,pulled off the airbox,tank,carbs the lot,stripped the carbs fitted new pilots did not see feck all wrong with old ones,so decided to change the plugs lo and behold one of the plugs was drowned with fuel,so i did not need to do any of the above lesson learned check plugs first in future will fit carbs tonight and keep u posted

But... don't we all NEED to pull all that stuff and clean/inspect it once in a while ----- just for the sheer fun of it?  

Hopefully I'm not the only one that doesn't mind that (too much!).  ;) 

11 hours ago, Time_Machine said:

But... don't we all NEED to pull all that stuff and clean/inspect it once in a while ----- just for the sheer fun of it?  

Hopefully I'm not the only one that doesn't mind that (too much!).  ;) 

haha,i hear ya man,did not get a chance yet to re fit the carbs,will try for tonight,i really think its the chemicals in the fuel now,bring back leaded petrol again,problem is when a bike is laying up over winter the carbs block up 

well folks i put new pilot jets in and new plugs number 3 and 4 cylinder working perfect nothing out of 1 and 2,my original issue was cylinder 3,that is perfect now but lost one and 2,all i did was blow out the carbs fit new pilots and plugs and fitted back to bike, i have fuel in all the float bowls and spark in all the plugs what else could it be as like i said 1 and 2 were working before now not ?

On 1/31/2018 at 5:25 PM, johnr said:

you can buy fuel stabiliser online, they sell it at machine mart and som diy stores too. it doesnt remove the vile ethanol content, but it does prevent it from evaporationg and thus spoiling the remainder. handy if it gets left standing for a couple of weeks.

thanks mate

• 1 month later...