Dyna 2000 vs Ignitech

I'm after an ignition system for my 1340 Bandit but don't know which 1 to go for.

Dyna 2000 : well known but expensive and I can't find any second hand.

Ignitech : Not as well known but quite cheap. 

What's everyone using and what's your view on the 1 your using?

Wheres the best place to buy a dyna 2000 from?

Cheers in advance. 

I'll offer some balance LOL!.........I've had 3 Dyna 2000's now and never a problem, always used with green dynacoils. I had one of the first ones when they were released maybe 20 years ago, fitted to my Kawazuki - ran it NA and turbo. Now got one on my 1460 and one on SWMO's kawa trike - got that one on hols @ Gainsville via MRE - Jay got it special order overnite from Dyna, fitted like all the others and both work as they are supposed to. Fitted more than a few in various bike shops - they did go through a reliability duff patch but now ( I understand) they're built back in the USA and are better.........hopefully! Never seen or used a Ignitech so can't speculate on them.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, banoffee said:

I had an ignitech on a (non-oss) bike a few years ago. Was easy to program and adjust different ignition curves and let me mess with redline, setting tacho accuracy by laptop as well as the option for a shift light, quick shifter etc. All impressive on a 1989 bike.

All that in one box the same size as your standard cdi.

If you pay a few quid more you can get the full version that lets you 2 step, run a quickshifter and you can have 3d mapping so on a turbo bike you can use a preasure sensor and it will retard ignition as boost and rpm increase.

+1 for ignitech - got their 2D system - and a dyna 2000 on another bike -both do the same job - ignitech does it cheaper

however i'll be swapping for their 3D unit - TBH in this day and age we'd be mad not to - its all gain gain via not suffering partial throttle ignition hold back that you get with a fixed 2D system

and yi can dial in retard to aid starting big CC high comp engines

whats not to like about it ??? - we need more folks doing this - writing the maps so the rest of us can plagiarize 

I had experience with both. Both worked fine. I had no problems.
Igneich has more opportunities if you do not buy the simplest models, but to make adjustments, you need a computer. For Dyna, it is not necessary, the main things can be changed without a computer.
Also in iznitech disgusting support. As soon as you pay for the goods, they stop responding to emails.

It seemed to me that the dyna  2000 spark has a lot of power.

2 hours ago, spondonturbo said:

which ignitech unit would be the equivalent of a dyna 2000?. Dyna 2000 are roughly £360,how much are the ignitech in comparison?

I don't think you can spend that much on the whole ignitech range. 

The unit I bought was about £80, though I get a disount as I've bought a few, even the basic version has more functionality than the dyna2000.

The dyna 2000 is self contained through, where as the ignitech uses the stock ignition pick ups and you need a lap top to adjust it.

I always use the TCIP4 full version. Its not a lot more than the basic one.

Ive bought quite a few recently. Basic version is less than £100 but a full version with plug and play connectors and shipping with discount is about £150.

Like Dunc says the basic version pisses all over dyna 2000. The full version is even better, and you never need to buy extra modules or bits to access more functionality

• Like 1