GSX750 (New to Forum) - ENGINE UPGRADES ???

Havendts

Folks - New to the forum and already looking for help :-) Soz !!

Ive acquired an old GSX750ET that I was planning to turn into a Kent Chopper, I can do some modernisation on brakes and suspension easy enough but also want to do some power plant upgrades.

The bike comes "without" any engine so Im looking for a recommendation on a power plant upgrade and what to look out for? Are there any increased  CC capacity motors that will drop straight in? Or would you advise on alternative upgrades?

Ta...............................JJ

Ive been offered a 750 Katana engine - which would keep the weight down I suppose - but being a muscle bike kinda guy I need the grunt of those larger engines - are there any sensible bolt on modifications that I can make without major heart surgery // or a bank loan. e.g. what would a Re-jet Carbs, Change Cams and Exhaust add power and torque wise? 

Edited by Havendts
spelling / grammar

The 750 katana motor is the same weight, unless you're meaning a gsx750f teapot WHICH IS NOT A KATANA and you will get so much sh#t for saying that ;)

The only why you are going to get more grunt is (if you can find one) a gsx1100 motor which are not cheep, or a gsxr/gsxr 1100 with new engine mounts (have a look on the main page as there are pics of the mounts you will need and a lot more grate stuff there).

The standard gsx750et motors have not got much out there to make them go faster.