Bandit Head Cooler Help!!

Just after a few ideas..... 

I'm fitting a head cooler on my Bandit but can't think of anywhere to mount the cooler that will look OK and not cause any clearance issues... I've searched the net for pics for ideas but can't seem to find anything, have you guys got any ideas???

I've attached a pic of my bike so you can have a look for ideas of where to put it, it's nowhere near finished so please don't judge it :-)

Thanks for advice/ideas in advance.

DSC_0031.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for replying,

I didn't really want to put it in front of the yokes and cover the yokes up plus they wouldn't really fit with the light i'm using and I'd have to sort the cooler hose routing around my forks. I did think of under the seat and liked that idea plus it has vents in the seat unit for air flow but with running the underseat exhaust I thought it might defeat the idea of it being a cooler lol. I don't know if it would work with a fan though????

DSC_0013.jpg

Mines under the headlight, its quite unobtrusive, apart from the pipes I might do the pipework in black to hide it more, not sure if it makes any difference!??? but any extra cooling cant hurt, especially if its tuned,,,,:tu

Gratuitous pictures of my Bandit,  posted in the knowledge that it will probably be deleted for being tooo Banditish :P:P

rmp4Zx7.jpg

R49jinS.jpg

• Like 3

Looks like theres enough space to mount one across the frame behind the carbs. That would be a bit different, could make a cool looking scoop either side to draw air in.

I have one, it sits in front of the yokes, but so does my main cooler.

They do make a difference, especially racing or on track. Any extra cooling capacity is a good thing

2 minutes ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

Gratuitous pictures of my Bandit,  posted in the knowledge that it will probably be deleted for being tooo Banditish :P:P

stuck records....

........stuck.....

rec......o.o.o.o.o......rds......

i'm sure i covered this in BOTM

1 hour ago, MeanBean49 said:

Looks like theres enough space to mount one across the frame behind the carbs. That would be a bit different, could make a cool looking scoop either side to draw air in.

I have one, it sits in front of the yokes, but so does my main cooler.

They do make a difference, especially racing or on track. Any extra cooling capacity is a good thing

I'll have a nosey and see what kind of space I'm going to have behind the carbs. 

Does anyone know what size head cooler I will need or is it just the biggest head cooler I can use the better? (my main cooler is a extra wide 19 row) 

I put a 5 1/2 spal fan on my bandits original oil cooler and a oil filler plug temp gauge. The temp gauge will read 120c on a warm day city riding ,switch on the fan and it drops back to 100 or so.there was a yoshi gsxr 750 that came standard with a head cooler google yoshi gsxr 750 head cooler I did read something about it a while ago

1 hour ago, August17 said:

I put a 5 1/2 spal fan on my bandits original oil cooler and a oil filler plug temp gauge. The temp gauge will read 120c on a warm day city riding ,switch on the fan and it drops back to 100 or so.there was a yoshi gsxr 750 that came standard with a head cooler google yoshi gsxr 750 head cooler I did read something about it a while ago

RK had a head cooler from the factory.  The Yoshi race bikes had as many coolers as they could fit to the bike.

I've found on my stock 1100k engined race bike that the performance tailed off over the duration of a race. I fitted a head cooler and the performance was much more consistant.

1 hour ago, dupersunc said:

RK had a head cooler from the factory.  The Yoshi race bikes had as many coolers as they could fit to the bike.

I've found on my stock 1100k engined race bike that the performance tailed off over the duration of a race. I fitted a head cooler and the performance was much more consistant.

I noticed the same thing. Upped the cooler and the head cooler size until I got pretty consistant running. 

I also found the placing makes a difference, i dont think mine would cool enough for the track use it gets if they werent sat unobstructed up front. But my cooling requirements are quite a lot

• Like 1
16 hours ago, August17 said:

there was a yoshi gsxr 750 that came standard with a head cooler google yoshi gsxr 750 head cooler I did read something about it a while ago

Yoshimura sold/used Earls kits on their bikes. They had more than one option available for slingshots. (Pics taken from 91 catalog) 

headcooler2.jpg

headcooler1.jpg

• Like 5