GSX1100 E?

Dool09

Dosent look like an ET to me. Wrong forks and yokes and also tank really not an ET. Thinking it some sort of GS1000 with a GSX donkey in it. Check engine mount under generator cover to see if it is a removable triangle or a welded mount. If welded and part of frame then not GSX !  Forks should be leading axle type and tank mount would be a tab welded on the underside at the back and not 2 tabs on the rear seam.  

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Dosent look like an ET to me. Wrong forks and yokes and also tank really not an ET. Thinking it some sort of GS1000 with a GSX donkey in it. Check engine mount under generator cover to see if it is a removable triangle or a welded mount. If welded and part of frame then not GSX !  Forks should be leading axle type and tank mount would be a tab welded on the underside at the back and not 2 tabs on the rear seam.  

Thanks Jonboy, I'm going to put in some garage time later and will report back my findings. The sanctions on the forks are totally knackered and I dare say the springs, oil and seals are too so I will look for a complete B12 front end for it.

Hi all,

I've been in the garage doing some sorting (moved into this house in October and garage is still a dumping ground) I have found some more parts I didn't realise I had, such as a full wiring loom with Regulator/rectifier, switch gear and a brake pedal! not much to some but to me its quite a find!

With Jonboy's advice in mind I looked at the bottom engine mount cover and it is removable, also the frame has GSX110 stamped on it so I think it is a bastardised GSX frame I have. 

I took some more pictures to show and hopefully these will make the model clearer/ give you all something to look at.

More good news, I found a garage fairly close by that speacilises in restoring old Jap bikes. I spoke with the owner and he has a road and a race GSX1100 and he has agreed to look over the engine and tell me if it's a goodun or not. So long as I pay him to do a top end rebuild if it's got a clean bill of health.

Thank you all for your help and advice so far.

P.S. some of these photo's may seem a little odd, I thought that they might help someone identify it's true year. The thing that has me most confused is rear mud guard, in all my searching I have never seen a GSX1100 with a chrome gaurd or rear light like that.

20180109_161926.jpg

20180109_161935.jpg

20180109_162324.jpg

20180109_162343.jpg

20180109_162649.jpg

20180109_162657.jpg

20180109_164126.jpg

20180109_164147.jpg

20180109_171619.jpg

20180109_172745.jpg

20180109_172755.jpg

The more I dig the more I think I have a collection of different GSX1100 parts, I'm quite sure it's just a Frankenstien. However I am now fully decided to try and get a running riding bike from the parts that I have and from some I still need to get. Thank you to all who commented, your advice and help is really appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/01/2018 at 7:44 PM, Dool09 said:

Very true and the same thing has crossed my mind. It's certainly easier than tracking down all original parts.

There was a great bike shop near me that built this GS750. If I was to go cafe I'd like to do something similar.

1403585_551256341634769_1972116562_o.jpg

this ones not quite finished - once they fit a set of knobbly trail bike tyres - job done  :ph34r:

there is a simple style that these bikes work brilliantly with - bike of the month sept and April 2017 are two nice examples

Too much time scratching my head on this, I have another kid due in the spring so I've sold it to someone with more knowledge, ability and time. I'm now on the look out for another one that I'll have more chance of being able to complete.

I'd like to find something that is at least 100% together, I've grown to really appreciate these big Suzuki's since starting to look into them so I'm keeping my eyes peeled! 

Thanks again for those that offered information and advice.

On 1/23/2018 at 9:41 AM, Dool09 said:

Too much time scratching my head on this, I have another kid due in the spring so I've sold it to someone with more knowledge, ability and time. I'm now on the look out for another one that I'll have more chance of being able to complete.

I'd like to find something that is at least 100% together, I've grown to really appreciate these big Suzuki's since starting to look into them so I'm keeping my eyes peeled! 

Thanks again for those that offered information and advice.

Oops!  Did not see this before posting.  But, maybe the info will be helpful to someone else??

• Like 2