Yoshimura Heatshield Help 7/11

Rob21

Wondering if someone could help me out with a drawing / measurements of a yoshimura heatshield for a slingshot framed say what now!?. It is a 7/11 (1991 1100 engine, 1990 750 frame and 1990 750 38mm carbs)

I understand that this may not exist and trimming / adjusting would need done.

i have a reproduction one made by sf services. Tried trimming a few things but just can’t get it to fit right. Seems there’s a bit with a moulded shape to it that just won’t go flat against the engine stopping the carbs fitting :( These are made from old plastic containers so must be a corner bit.

Anyone know a material to use? I have plenty of heat proof material and edge trim. Thanks!

2AE3B001-187E-419B-8673-ACE73B8E6987.jpeg

67657271-C957-4EBF-A933-328F7E8D98D7.jpeg

82671DF4-976C-4989-95C7-FBE29480BB8C.jpeg

Yeah, it’s not too good is it :/ It’s inspired me to make up my own, would get it laser cut and everything. I’m handy on the computer making cad models and vector files. Will update this at some point using my own template and design.

That metal one looks pretty cool! I would be worried with it chaffing on things though :o 

@Rob21 and @CockneyRick

Please have a read of the rules, in particular number 16. Slagging off other forum members is not very OSS especially when they have done their best to rectify the situation with you.

16. OSS is NOT a feedback mechanism for poor goods and/or service you may have received from a supplier. It lacks the essential balance that allows the business in question to respond and/or offer an explanation hence it is open to abuse. If you experience difficulties with a transaction or service we recommend you take it up directly with the business in question and/or with Trading Standards. The OSS owner and admin team do not wish to be involved in any legal challenge that may result as a consequence of comments made on this site.

Rule number 16.

16. OSS is NOT a feedback mechanism for poor goods and/or service you may have received from a supplier. It lacks the essential balance that allows the business in question to respond and/or offer an explanation hence it is open to abuse. If you experience difficulties with a transaction or service we recommend you take it up directly with the business in question and/or with Trading Standards. The OSS owner and admin team do not wish to be involved in any legal challenge that may result as a consequence of comments made on this site.

Read the fucking rules.

You're welcome.

On 06/01/2018 at 6:33 PM, Rob21 said:

Wondering if someone could help me out with a drawing / measurements of a yoshimura heatshield for a slingshot framed say what now!?. It is a 7/11 (1991 1100 engine, 1990 750 frame and 1990 750 38mm carbs)

^^^^ Question^^^

21 hours ago, E T said:

IMG_0540.JPG

^^^Answer^^^

Job done.

• Like 5

Hello all! What a mess. Me and Simon have been messaging back and forth on Eblag with no problems and mutual respect. I was in no way slagging him off or his shield, I was referring to the “moulded” bit not being very good. NOT the shield itself.  On my original post I mention that my bike being a 7/11 with 750 carbs, and that nothing may actually fit. I have to mod / adapt everything to fit the stuff on my bike. ( the latest being an oil cooler kit)

I was literally in the garage taking some measurements for another shield that Simon is insisting on making for me, free of charge, his choice and even after me saying I would feel bad if it didn’t fit and he’s made me another one for nothing. I said I would give him positive feedback and never wanted to give him negative feedback spoiling his 100% on Eb4y. I also said I would mention him on the forums ( which I’ve came to do just now) and seen all of this. I simply wanted to share my “project” with a yoshi heatshield and post the dimensions, findings etc for all to utilise. I know I have a good understanding with Simon the seller, and his shield, and have not done anything wrong, I wasn’t even trying to get money back, freebies or slate someone on a forum behind their back. As I’ve said many times nothing really bolts onto my bike and I buy everything knowing I can’t get a refund / freebie but I always have communication with the sellers because they’re genuinely interested in their product working and have helped getting it to work. Even if I have to further mod or buy additional parts which I know I may have to do before buying anything.

Apoligies if anything’s being breached or if anyone’s upset.

Robbie. 

• Like 11
Guest YoshiJohnny

If it helps I made my own out of PVC and the drawing I used was from Yoshimura Japan (I gave all of the drawings to Simon)

I had to modify mine to clear the head oiler fittings and a few other bits and pieces but it's easy enough to do with a pair of tin snips 

It helps MASSIVELY if you warm the thing up with a hot air gun to mould it into place... 

Si makes and sells them really cheap and is very open about what he makes them from... you can make one yourself 

13615343_10154227943635256_166554290648644833_n.jpg

I saw this perspex version somewhere on the net a while back. Don't think it's a one off since one of my club mates has the same fitted to his 1127L for years. I know it's not a Yoshi one but hey, we like pictures and any info might be of help. :)

heat shield perspex.jpg

Edited by Jaydee
  • Like 1

The heatshield you mentioned from SF services fits well on my ‘89 750. You seem to have a combo of 1100 motor, 38mm carbs with a 750 frame. Understandably it needs some mods imho. The shield needs to be trapped behind the clips, I trimmed the slot for the throttlecable drum a bit wider and that’s it.

58B0400C-C706-4E16-8AEC-B313CC9BB3F8.jpeg

• Like 2

I understand the logic when it comes to "modding" cos of engine/carb/frame issues & that is fair enough.

However, the one i have has the 4x carb holes totally uneven (No modding can cure that) & as mentioned, the creases from the original shape make it extremely hard to get a good/reasonable fit.

So on that note, i apologise for getting carried away with my dissatisfaction at the product.

And as an addition, i would think that without putting a reflective coating on the front side (not expecting seller to do that)  it will be pretty pointless?

Edited by CockneyRick
2 hours ago, bruteforce said:

The heatshield you mentioned from SF services fits well on my ‘89 750. You seem to have a combo of 1100 motor, 38mm carbs with a 750 frame. Understandably it needs some mods imho. The shield needs to be trapped behind the clips, I trimmed the slot for the throttlecable drum a bit wider and that’s it.

58B0400C-C706-4E16-8AEC-B313CC9BB3F8.jpeg

Yeah there is very little clearance from the carbs, I will post some pictures when back in the garage, my carbs also have the idle screw coming out the side so I may need to change that / cut the shield. Will get something sorted :)

That yellow Perspex looks pretty cool, I may need to make a similar cut out shape on the middle 2 carbs to clear the engine. Possibly not with the flex though, will deffo be using a heat gun.