Holset plus 1100G. Oil drain size.

Ahoy and Happy New Year!

Making slow progress now that the cold has set in and the shop has more leaks and drafts than a screen door bottomed boat. 

Managed to finish off the headers, get them and the snail mounted and got the oil feed line all sorted.

Getting around to the oil drain and have mixed info specifically pertaining to Holsets. Most info I read, including the Holset service manual, calls for a really large drain id. 16mm+. I plan on running -12an fittings and lines. This is just barely at the recommended id size. Some say it'll be fine but others say larger. 

I know a few guys have fitted these HX\HY 35s to 1100s and am wondering what id drain was used?

Tia

Most OEM installs use gravity drain hence the large bore. If the turbo is mounted high enough  -12 would be ok but usually difficult to achieve good fall downwards and stay above oil level. If its low then a small sump / catch tank below outlet and elec. pump scavenge with -6 or -8 drain to crankcase is easier and neater.