Removing 1127 cylinders

matt

Hi all and a Happy New Year.

In the middle of stripping down my GSXR1127 motor to sort out the low compression and a couple of leaking valves but cannot get the cylinders off.

I have undone the nut on the front but it still seems like something is stopping them coming off, there is a slight gap appearing where they meet the cases but I just cannot get them to move any further.

I wouldn't have thought once the head was off there would be much holding them in place

I have also got another problem with the front oil drain pipes being seized in place, so was also wondering how people usually get those out?

I appreciate that the oil pipes will probably have to be removed to get the cylinders off, but was hoping to at least get the cylinders free.

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

Cheers

Matt. 

Probable corrosion around the dowels ( i think there are 2) so ACP50 / WD40 penetrating fluid is deffo required. The oil drains have o rings that will probably be hard as rock - they need replacing so application of heat won't hurt to loosen them off!

21.gif

Part #8 = dowels and liable to be stuck around stud #6

Thanks for the advice,  I have given the studs a good coating in penetrating fluid and hopefully it will do the job.

I suspect it is those dowels, I have got a slight bit of movement along the back edge of the block, it is the front where the dowels are that doesn't seem to have moved at all.

Cheers.