Talk me out of this please.....

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-motorcycle-parts-accessories/thunder-bay/proboost-turbo-kit-5-22psi/1312916889?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I have no idea how to get this shipped to me where I can feel like I am not taking a risk that it is a blown-up pile of tat. Still, at less than half price, it is so verrrrry tempting.

Worst comes to worst, how much would a turbo rebuild run? $500-$1000 CAD?

To put it in perspective, you would have to fly to Vienna from London, U.K. to go the same distance one way.

Why does this country have to be so goddamn huge.

That's a smoking deal! Proboost usually uses a tdo4\5. Even if the turbo is damaged, a rebuild kit is like $100 and a new\used wheel can be had for cheap.  I'm in the middle of making my own kit and if this was available at the beginning, I wouldn't have thought twice!

So....the guy says 2 seasons on the kit, 25 passes before he got boost happy and grenaded the stock engine. He rebuilt the motor with Busa pistons but his carbs were shot in the blowup so he went with his street ZX-14 after that. Not sure how that happens unless there was a massive backfire. Says the setup was good for 9 seconds in the quarter mile with him weighing 300lbs, so it sounds like the motor was putting out good power before its demise. Maybe he was asking too much of stock internals? Who knows.

• Like 1