New Gs owner

Dixie

I've read the rules and ain't trying to buy anything off the members, I'm just after a steer in the right direction. This is my first toe dip into the world of classic suzuki's and I've been hunting for a gs750 for some time after spending years riding all sorts.  Looking forward to riding it not shining it, it's a standard bike that needs a few bits. 

• Like 3

Great, just switching the speedo to a MPH one and stripped rear brake as its was seized.  Photos to follow when i put it back together next week.  Is it an easy job to change the kickstand, the one on the bike flicks up automatically when i stand the bike up, i want one that i have to kick up.  Any help would be good.  Next job is an MOT and then i'm going to just enjoy it.

30 minutes ago, Dixie said:

Evening All

Any takers on my side stand issue, it has two springs one covering the other and it flicks up when i stand the bike up, i want it to stay down until kick it up, any ideas?

Mmm, not shore why it flips up on its own looks standard.

You could try removing one of the springs, as all the ones I've seen have only one spring.

Sorry can't be any more help.

Nice looking bike (y)

Good man, ill give it a go and let you know.  Cheers, looks better now the screen has been taken off.  I thought i'd get on and ride it this year then maybe give it a full overhaul next winter.  I don't want it off the road when i could be out enjoying it.:tu

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

Finally got the GS ready for an MOT, i sussed out the side stand issue, i changed the mounting bracket, £15 from Eblag, just waiting for a new spring to arrive.  Roll on mid March when hopefully the weather picks up and i return from an overseas work trip.  Looking forward to getting it on the road.

Are there any meets in the midlands for classic jap stuff? 

On 10/01/2018 at 8:32 PM, Dixie said:

Any takers on my side stand issue, it has two springs one covering the other and it flicks up when i stand the bike up, i want it to stay down until kick it up, any ideas?

Oww... Only just read this question.. Simple solution: move the spring mounting point on the frame forward. On my old GSX750 this mounting point was a steel strip I just bent to the left to avoid any welding. But I see on a GS750 the stand is held by a separate piece that is bolted to the frame, and so could be easily removed for modification on the workbench.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Thanks for all the advice, sorry its been a while, i've been flat out working overseas.  The stand is finally sorted, i found the correct fixing bracket on Eblag, worked a dream.  The bike is finally ready for its MOT and i've just insured it for the grand total of £78 fully comp, so result.  Hopefully on the road for April and time to enjoy.  Taking it to the classic show at Stafford in April.

Bring on some dry roads and some sun. :banana:

• Like 1