Busa pistons

Gen2 are 18 mm pin as said above but as to boring them to 20mm it would not be feasable as there is only about 10 thou of meat between the top of the pin hole and the oil control ring. So you would have to offset bore them and may then run into probs at the bottom of pin hole. I.e. getting thin and weak. If you need 20mm go with gen1 they will give same comp as gen2. The gen 2 forging is much skinnier than the gen1. 

On 12/20/2017 at 8:41 AM, Paulm said:

Got Gen2 in mine but we did change the Conrods to Falcons as well :D

It’ll defeat the object of getting free pistons if I’ve got to buy rods :D

is sleeving the little end of the rods a viable option? 

Edited by davecara
16 minutes ago, nlovien said:

can also confirm on fitting bronze sleeves into small ends - done this before with no issues - for sure its got to be done by an experienced shop = tight accuracy tolerances

Warm rods, chilled bronze bushes then ream out to correct size once they're pressed in I reckon(y)

5 hours ago, davecara said:

Warm rods, chilled bronze bushes then ream out to correct size once they're pressed in I reckon(y)

I haven't done this myself ( had it done) however you got it - the finish ream after installation is key + parallel alignment of the ream relative to the big end

• Like 1
13 hours ago, slingy1157 said:

Got my gsxr750 short stroke rods bronze sleeved to fit zx10 pistons. No dramas woth it

Nice one Jack, hows your 750 going? Still havent got my EFi'd 750 running yet. Kept losing sync with the crank pulse, it was down to wiring and 3 duff batteries in the end. Gonna get back on with it in the new year

16 hours ago, davecara said:

Nice one Jack, hows your 750 going? Still havent got my EFi'd 750 running yet. Kept losing sync with the crank pulse, it was down to wiring and 3 duff batteries in the end. Gonna get back on with it in the new year

Hi dave. The 750 went 1052, then 1157 then sold so i no longer have it. 

But definitely get back to yours and get it sorted. Efi rocks and ironically was the one element that always worked ok on all 3 engines lol

16 minutes ago, Duckndive said:

1196cc in an EFE is 76mm bore ....Busa 81mm pistons  gives you circa 1345cc and needs a big block or re-linered stock block

I’m running an oil cooled 1052 engine in my EFE, can’t afford a proper engine for it!xD

im currently scrounging 1127 bits though so might end up 1216 yet!

Edited by davecara
  • 3 weeks later...

If I remember right the depth of the dish of Gen1 piston is 2mm and of Gen2 is only 1.5mm. So Gen2 has more CR if you want have same squish. I put Gen2 pistons and rod into my B12 with 1mm spacer and two foot gaskets for original squish. I workes the combuston chamber for less CR.

The Gen2 piston is lighter and also more stabil than the Gen1, because the ringland is 0.2mm thicker and the upper compression ring has is thinner in the inside, so you have more meat of aluminium to transport heat into the center of the piston. That´s all some years ago - I hope I remember right.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...