Clockwork

Fetishkat

Anyone know if the workings of my Kat clocks are the same as others of the same period? My speedo is working but the odo isn’t. While this has the advantage of keeping the mileage low it’s a pain in the arse when I just pass a garage and then need reserve!

I’m hoping I can cannibalise another set for it’s drive gear that’s given up.

Cheers 

unfortunately, ive not yet found another set of clocks with matching internals to the kat, though im sure theyre out there. if your odometer isnt working, it might be worth stripping and cleaning the interior workings as they might just be sticking.  but be super super careful with the needle mounts, theyre incredibly delicate, and if im stripping a set, i prefer to cut the needles off and fit new ones rather than try to lever them off. theres a guy on fb selling reproduction replica needles, or, if you can source them, the needles from mitsubishi shogun/pajero 4x4's are the same, albeit a touch longer so you need to delicately trim them.

Edited by johnr
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, johnr said:

unfortunately, ive not yet found another set of clocks with matching internals to the kat, though im sure theyre out there. if your odometer isnt working, it might be worth stripping and cleaning the interior workings as they might just be sticking.  but be super super careful with the needle mounts, theyre incredibly delicate, and if im stripping a set, i prefer to cut the needles off and fit new ones rather than try to lever them off. theres a guy on fb selling reproduction replica needles, or, if you can source them, the needles from mitsubishi shogun/pajero 4x4's are the same, albeit a touch longer so you need to delicately trim them.

Cheers JR, I’ve already replaced the needles after they decided to make a bid for freedom! 

I’ve actually had this issue for over 10 years !! Still its kept it a low mileage motor! I asked the question as I wanted to see if there was a known replacement set of workings that I could source before diving into them again.

Thanks for the help fella