Gsxr750 wn advice?

Evening all,

Looking at buying a 1994 Gsxr750 wn, are there any common faults with this bike especially with the age? Looking at turning it into a subtle non-faired/streetfighter which I want to use to piss around on before i get too old xD. Currently have a b12 and a gsxr 1000 k3, like them both but I want something inbetween and power not being a necessity. Viewed a 92 but seems that the 94 bike was better equipped, more powerful and lighter, somehow?

Any hints, tips and suggestions welcome.

HI Fish91,  Well, where to start, Not really any known faults other then badly maintain ,electrical connecters, worn bearings,etc. but the worst is the weight! as you're thinking fighter then you're on the way. wn,wp are the first models , but as you are looking at the 94/95 model which lost 8kg and gained the braced swinger and them blue forks amogst other bits .  but don't be fulled by some owners  trying to sell you, the sp version ! it won't be as they are only 6 imported and have the price tag to boot. Unless yer very lucky!

Rear shock if orginal will be fubar, so a later one off a k series will work but not an srad, to long!  312mm is standard lengh try somewhere about 320 ish lengh  or Bmw s1000 shock have good reports,  forks off the newer k series are all great upgrades as are the front wheels as standard ones have their own gravity.

brakes as standard are very good with after market pads, SBS come highly recomended, just rebuild and good to go but if ya need more stopping power hunt for a radial master with twin lines. 

hopefully another wn/wp/wr/ws will be showing! best of luck. 

Hi MadB,

Weight has been my main concern with this bike however seeing as i've owned a bandit I imagine i'd be ok! Was planning on using it for a few wheelies, rolling burnouts etc - so the water cooler & fan is the main thing for me. Interesting to know a K series rear shock fits, got a k7 1000 off my bandit lying about amongst other things. See this bike has the same 6pots as my bandit but this wn has been sat outside by the looks of rusty bolts and modified distastefully with crappy coloured footpegs and fairing bolts they may not be in such great condition.

Not to mention it's had a fair few owners (12!) and he wants £1000, does this sound on the money? I'm looking elsewhere for a later model but they seem thin on the ground.

Edited by fish91

if its tatty then 1000 is too salty! you should be able to pick a ruff one up for around 500 mark , these models are starting to climb in price but they need to be in very good condition and low miles, weight will soon come off with all the over size bits like the rear frame that holds the number plate and indicators,etc, the four pot brakes are the better , pads are cheaper.  as for wheelies they do that as standard. that are lighter then blandits for a start but can knock off another 20 to 30 kg if yer that keen. check my build thread. their is a few tips . where abouts are you?

• 1 month later...

Well picked up a '93 750 just before christmas. Seems quite a comfortable bit to ride and a pretty smooth engine. It came with a set of top yokes and risers, headlights brackets and a steering damper aside from the fork bracket missing. Just starting to clean it but I imagine a few bits will be swapped over or removed soon. got a k7 1000 rear shock which I'm told is a direct bolt on so will give that a go as both the front and back seems a tad soft. Will have a look MadB, i'm in south london.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad ya found one!. Yes. suspenders are a tad soft as standard. can be rebuildt for  better damping tho best left to someone  who does that sort of thing.

I've not tried a K7 thou shock. lets us all know how it works. 

souff lond'n. oooer. bet that's fun on bike nowadays! Much too busy for me these days!

Anyways,PICS PLEASE of yer lovely bike, or it didn't happen. haha. laters

• 3 weeks later...