1100 (1991) USD fork swap with hayabusa '08+

ztomov

R1Guy, switches are not important. They already from something else, not 1100's.

MeanBean49, thanks. I have nice new brake discs for 1100 and for matching with rear wheel want to keep front also.

homer, if it is only wheel axle size ... i will be very pleased. 

Main worries are for height between triples and center column and bearings ... where it fits with the frame.

Currently I don't have any sizes, and going to order busa front end from US to Europe. So it will be late if I get it and understand that it is not easy fit.

Edited by ztomov

Ill try and remember as im at work and all my info is on my home computer...:tu

I used 2015 forks and calipers, the wheel is bandit 1200 but 1100/750  slingshot is the same, 310 mm discs from a slingshot same diameter as the later hayabusa, with 4mm spacers behind the discs made from old disc centres to centralise the disc in the calliper's, the gsxr/b12 speedo drive needed 4 mm machined off of it to fit, I used a zx600r spindle which was machined down to fit, cant remember exactly what I did, but just made it fit.. the bottom yoke is early Haybusa or TL1000 I cant remember which but its 55mm hole size, the top yoke was originally 2 welded together to retain the ride height, but in the end I had a stepped shiny one made up. .the biggest pain was making the mudguard fit, I already had it painted like the rest of the bike, it needed 4 tiny brackets made up to line the holes up:)

• Like 1