Help on fitting push button switches as switch gear?

Jpich85

I've been looking into changing the switch gear on my build and I want something similar to the moto gadget ones, the push buttons, I need some help or advice tho on adapting them to use on my bike, I think you can make them work with relays but electrics is my area so was just seeing if anyone could explain or hep me to understand what I'll need to do? I can't afford that m unit they do unfortunately tho. Cheers

Edited by Jpich85

start and horn switch should be ok to just change for a good quality push button and wire as original

indicator you would need a 3 position switch ie off , left and right

kill switch you could change for a normally closed push button but would mean holding button down until the engine has stopped , not as good in an emergency .

high/ low beam I run a push button . Push the button to change from low to high ,then push the button again to change back . The 3 wires that go to the original switch gear go to the 3 terminals on the latch relay ( common , low beam 12v* n/o and high beam 12v *n/c ) , coil one side to negative and 12v feed to the new push button then to the other side of the coil .

A latch relay will keep to whatever state its in ie normally open until 12v is applied then is will switch state and hold that until 12v is removed then re- applied . 20/30A 5 pin job I used . Put in latch relay on that site .

Hopefully the above makes sense.

Thanks mate that's some great info and will come in real handy, the moto gadget buttons are a 3 cluster set up each with 1 small wire coming off, I'm hoping to use two sets of these to do all of the operations I'll need at the handle bars, not sure how it'll work tho if there's only one wire coming grok the button, do you have to use any resistors when using a relay or a fuse with it?

Thanks again mate