Gsxr 1100 / Bandit 1200 cases

no class

..... while checking the upper case on my spare 1052 gsxr motor  as it will be fitted with bandit 12 barrells.....I noticed the amount of surface area around the lower cylinder mating surface compared to the bandit is quite a bit . Now.... seeing how this 1052 has already been bored to accept 1127 barrells.....has anyone compared the 1127 upper case to the bandit case ?  The sleeves are larger on the bandit and the upper case has very minimal boring .....I do believe the gsxr 1127 has a slightly smaller case opening...... perhaps the castings were modified from Suzuki when the bandit was introduced ?

IMG_2075.JPG

IMG_2079.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, colinworth79 said:

I cant see any external differences between my bandit 12 and 1127 engines apart from the amount of material around the gearbox output bearing as a bandit runs a double roller output bearing. Bandit liners are 1mm bigger o/d and I think Suzuki just machines the cases out slightly to except the bigger bandit liner .

....in the second picture.... the upper case has slight machining as compared to the 1127.....as in just small areas where the paint was removed because of the bore trueing.... which leaves me to believe this area too has been altered in the casting process .... Unfortunately I don't have an empty 1127 case to compare with . 

Edited by no class
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

i bring this thread up now, because i´m playing with my big block and would like to fit this in V719 engine cases (Bandit 1200 and Inazuma), which should be a street-sleeper with no external oil lines to the head.

Is there a preferred model where there is enough meat around the oil feeds, that you don´t break through when machining for big block ?

I can only speak for my engine that uses 85mm bored (ie 6mm over stock) liners in 'M' cases and doesn't have external oil lines. Mind you i've never had the bottom end apart since it was built so I don't know if the builder did something 'clever' in the oil jet area to compensate for the bores. Looking at the pictures above an additional 3mm boring would get the metal separation pretty thin IMO!