Bandit mrk1 1200 clutch conversion from a gsxr 100 slingshot .need info

Bikemad

Welcome to OSS, 

Three things,

1 . Try a interdiction.

2. Try posting for oilcooled bikes in the oilcooled part not the aircooled ;)

3. Try doing a search, the info was posted on here with a link and step by step info ;) but sometimes I must say it dose not always work very well O.o

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

The hardest part to find is the clutch basket as its no longer available from Suzuki  and are like finding rocking horse poo 2nd hand....O.o

And as its a oil boiler your in the wrong section .....  9_9

Good Luck in your quest ............

when you have made 50 useful posts you will gain access to the market place

On 02/11/2017 at 6:46 PM, Bikemad said:

Hi my bandit 1200 mrk1 has the crap type clutch fitted with the diaphragm spring clip. I need info on the suzuki gsxr 100 slingshot conversion on bandit.anyone done it.if so can some one tell me what I need to do the change plz.

So whats happend to your "crap type" bandit clutch then??o.O

Mines been in there 9 years i fitted totally genuine Suzuki plates with one h/d spring and its dealt with 150 RWHP with out ever slipping and i use mine almost exclusively on tracks, why bother fixing something thats not broke:)

Well this is the store. Brought bike 2yrs ago .engine was rebuilt by a guy who builds engines for dragster. It got high lift cams. Big bore kit and jetted.up.I can tell you this bike is a animal. When I had not long had it noticed the clutch slips in 3rd when the rev range it high.so I put HD spring along with sure flex clutch kit.then I put in motul semi sym the tic oil and this did the job.2 yrs on and I decided to change the oil and filter.high flow filter and same oil.since I did the oil change its off again same problem.I was told to put pure mineral oil in. So do you recommend put a genuine  suzuki clutch plates and steels in. 

Hi can you confirm you have 2 spring diaphragms. As mine has a standard suzuki diaphragm and a HD one as I was told to do this to cure problem.appreciate guys all the advice but I think I'm going to go with fat blokeonbandit.will see how much a genuine suzuki clutch will cost me from suzuki tomoz thanks

How many hp is yours, mines 150 ish at yhe wheel  semi synthetic oil all suzuki steel and friction plates one std suzuki spring and a barnett heavy duty one, never slipped yet in 9 years, make sure the barnett on is h/d  as they do direct replacment standard ones that are the same as the suzuki ones..

Aint chaep but i will always use them..did you use the origional steeles??

Edited by fatblokeonbandit