gsx1428 streetable?

boilerdude

On 28/09/2017 at 4:35 PM, Duckndive said:

PS on the subject of other pistons you can do a 1260 in a stock EFE block using GSXR 1100 L . M piston's and decking the block about 2 mm

Now that is interesting ... I have a GSX motor on the bench  and the GSXR1127 sitting in my Kat. I plan to take the 1127 out to 1216 at some point once the handling is sorted, and given I have a set of 1260 barrels, it would make sense to re-ring the 1127 slugs and combine with the 1260 barrels on the GSX lump perhaps! Anyhow ... I have enough project to be getting on with - but in the future should a frame t arrive in the garage that can take the air-cooled lump, who knows what may come of it! 

Edited by Solcambs
3 hours ago, Solcambs said:

Now that is interesting ... I have a GSX motor on the bench  and the GSXR1127 sitting in my Kat. I plan to take the 1127 out to 1216 at some point once the handling is sorted, and given I have a set of 1260 barrels, it would make sense to re-ring the 1127 slugs and combine with the 1260 barrels on the GSX lump perhaps! Anyhow ... I have enough project to be getting on with - but in the future should a frame t arrive in the garage that can take the air-cooled lump, who knows what may come of it! 

You need a EFE crank and rods pistons are 20mm pin

• Like 2
On 19/11/2017 at 10:26 PM, Duckndive said:

You need a EFE crank and rods pistons are 20mm pin

So what is specific to an EFE crank over a GSX1100ES crank (at least I think it's an ES engine as it had gear position sensor on it - but never did come to a definitive decision). Is it just the 20mm pin, or is the crank stronger etc?

83 and up 1100 had the big taper starter end but still had 18mm little end rod. 1150 has big taper 20mm little end rod and were welded from factory. Apart from that they are the same. 701 engine code 1150 had 8mm crankcase studs as the 1100 but 702 and 703 cases were changed to 9mm studs in the ctr of cases by oil filter. But that has noooooo relevance to the crank, just threw it out there for sngs.

Edited by Cheeky4648
Damn phone!!