OK guys.....I'm almost moved into  my new house/garage, and I'm trying to decide what bike to throw money away on next.

Several strokers are options I have available in the garage already....all SUZUKI...:P I moved my GT750 project on the table, because it won't stand up on it's own. So now that I have been looking at it up there for a month, I've been trying see if I can finally visualize something cool enough to build. The frame was in a pile of parts I got when I was looking for parts to get my stock 72 GT750 back in one piece. The engine I bought about 3 months after for a couple hundred $$$ as spare parts too.

4 years later these parts are pushing me to put them together as a motorcycle again. I want an oldskool look which is why I am thinking the GU74 front end, and rear wheel. GSX1100 swingarm, GS1000 tank.....but what to do for a tail....?????

Maybe I should just part it and keep saving for that RG square 4 I've wanted forever...?

IMG_9844.JPG

IMG_9845.JPG

IMG_9847.JPG

IMG_9995.JPG

Edited by busa1300
  • Like 1

The TR tail will be the one I fall back on if I can't make up what I have in mind. Do you happen to have any spare pink VJ23 panels Garry?

I like the way the red RZ tail looks on it, what I'm thinking is make a mold from it, then do a bit of reshaping to fit it up a little better. No side covers, as I will try and use a crossover exhaust on it....which will go through where a side cover would be (TR750 style). The swingarm will get shortened, as will the frame from swingarm pivot back. And lay the shocks down a bit, as opposed to the standup style of the GT. No need for a longer seat on this bike, I'm building it for no passengers.....keep the fun to myself. :D

The owner of that GT lives about an hour away from me....Saw him down in Indy several times and have talked to him about bikes. He has quite a cool collection.

I wanted to go a bit more oldskool than that one, and use 18 inch wheels with RWU forks....Bike may get parted though, as I have a deposit put down on my purple 72 GT750. The buyer may be interested in the engine/frame I am using as they are 72 also.