Engine Help

Danpw

Hi guys, Im all new to this! 

I recently bought a 1981 Suzuki gsx400 8 DOHC.

Great looking bike I'm looking to resort it to its original glory, I always remember as a kid my dad having one in the same colour as mine! 

Biggest issue is the bike has spend a few years outside and unfortunately the engine is seized!! so I'm on the look out for a standard engine for her

if anyone has one of knows where I could fin one please let me know 

thanks in advance 

dan

IMG_0220.PNG

Welcome to OSS, Dan. Good little bike you've got there. Tough as old boots! Plenty s/h motors to be had on that site, but beware you're not buying a 'pig in a poke'! Why not whip the head off yours, and see how bad the seizure is? Barrels might not be too bad, and may just be restorable. Or, replace the top end? Keeps the numbers right! Anyway, good luck whichever way you choose to go!

Thanks guys, I have the head off its not in a good way looks like its been sunk in a lake for years! what I'm looking to do is get hold of another engine then spend time rebuilding mine at a later date. I'm still not 100 percent on what model it is any help would be great! 

Welcome to OSS, if your on here it won't stay standard for long, it's a highly contagious disease modifying bike xD

A good little bike the 400 twins had one years ago and was well in priest when I got 3 number on the speedo (not on the public road copper :)) just keep a eye open for a motor they are about.