Magni bandit

nlovien

please just imagine its a GSX1100 engine ( because i've no idea about photo shop and i'm really warming to this as a potential for my GSX1100ED) - they should have stuck to what they did great, i.e. stuck with the MV Agusta principle in the design - this one just looks right to me, very right B|

magni.jpg

• Like 3

I'm afraid that I beg to differ.

Mr Magni has more experience of building fine motorcycles for a living than just about anybody alive.

In fact I could do with an update of if he is still with us.

I seem to remember at the time of him putting them together, he said that he only did it because it was the last of the 'real' engines. Very high praise indeed from a man that effectively hand built the MV Agusta Grand Prix legend.

I believe that these were also his last 'original' project.

Yes it is a pastiche of a 750SS America from about 1978.... but it's not a 30k + road bike.

I know a guy that has a triple and a 4, both waiting for parts to fix them, because he uses them enthusiastically. He would be looking on one of the last bikes built by MAGNI as Head -Gasket money.

Me, I would be selling more than a kidney. It has an B12 lump in it, what's not to love?

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/08/2017 at 6:23 PM, nlovien said:

please just imagine its a GSX1100 engine ( because i've no idea about photo shop and i'm really warming to this as a potential for my GSX1100ED) - they should have stuck to what they did great, i.e. stuck with the MV Agusta principle in the design - this one just looks right to me, very right B|

magni.jpg

Now THAT is pretty...

• Like 1

As I said, the bike was built on a budget, over a period of years.  Parts were either made, modified or scrounged. The Grimeca brake? You're right about the cost. Astronomical! However, the builder was given it in exchange for lathe/fabrication work. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but you've got to appreciate the amount of work the lads put into it. Me? I think it's great! (y)

• Like 1
On 01/08/2017 at 11:23 PM, markfoggy said:

I'm afraid that I beg to differ.

Mr Magni has more experience of building fine motorcycles for a living than just about anybody alive.

In fact I could do with an update of if he is still with us.

I seem to remember at the time of him putting them together, he said that he only did it because it was the last of the 'real' engines. Very high praise indeed from a man that effectively hand built the MV Agusta Grand Prix legend.

I believe that these were also his last 'original' project.

Yes it is a pastiche of a 750SS America from about 1978.... but it's not a 30k + road bike.

I know a guy that has a triple and a 4, both waiting for parts to fix them, because he uses them enthusiastically. He would be looking on one of the last bikes built by MAGNI as Head -Gasket money.

Me, I would be selling more than a kidney. It has an B12 lump in it, what's not to love?

magni has been dead a few years now. mate of mine had one of the 1200's, what the picture doesnt really show is that compared to a bandit, theyre tiny bikes. he said it handled better than any other bike he has owned. when he was knocked off it, he contacted magni and it was shipped back to italy in a crate, rebuilt and sent back to him. sadly he has sold it now, but theyre very special bikes. when he came round on it the last time, i had a little sit on it, it felt like a 125!

ians magni.jpg

• Like 3
  • 5 months later...
On 8/12/2017 at 1:57 AM, johnr said:

magni has been dead a few years now. mate of mine had one of the 1200's, what the picture doesnt really show is that compared to a bandit, theyre tiny bikes. he said it handled better than any other bike he has owned. when he was knocked off it, he contacted magni and it was shipped back to italy in a crate, rebuilt and sent back to him. sadly he has sold it now, but theyre very special bikes. when he came round on it the last time, i had a little sit on it, it felt like a 125!

ians magni.jpg

Jeez thats fuckin small