Replacing top oil lines 1127

Jelly

I need to replace the top oil lines on an 1127 engine. The ones which run from the bottom block to the top head, between the carbs. I'm looking for a Torques setup, like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-GSXR-Cam-Cover-Oil-Feed-Head-Cooler-Adapter-KIT-AN-6-AN-8-Black-/380728047582

What do I need more?

Am I missing anything? 

21 minutes ago, vizman said:

i don't think he's running a 'head' cooler, just replacing the standard with bling.....?

Won't the Tpiece fit to the top cranckcase behind the starter motor,then a line from either side of it to the rocker cover,so you need,hose, 4 hose fittings, Tpiece and the fittings that go onto the rocker cover?

Head cooler indeed might be the next step, but just to be more flexible with fitting (honestly Viz, it's not for the bling') I want to replace the std lines. Just to be clear, in the first link in my topic is a reference to:

• Suzuki GSXR Cam Cover Oil Feed Adapter In AN-6 (AN6) - Head Cooler TOP x 2 
  • AN -6 (AN6) Male To AN8 Female Tee Adapter Fitting x 1 
  • Suzuki GSXR Engine To Cam Cover Oil Feed Adapter In AN -8 (AN8) - Head Cooler x 1

I Can post a picture of the head cooler fittings I have just installed 

First  buy the Torque kit

Plus

you will need a straight 1 No AN 8 fitting to the bottom feed, depending how much room under tank 2 No AN 6 straight or 90 deg fittings plus another 2 No straight or 90 deg to the T fitting

1 No AN 8 Straight or 90 deg from the T to the oil cooler and then

what ever oil cooler you buy the fittings to connect it ideally 2 no 90 deg AN 8

Mark

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

If it was me...........and it isn't ........ I wouldn't use dash 6 hose! Fairly sure the std hose ID is bigger than -6 equivalent!

As these are the only things keeping the head cool, I wouldn't want to restrict oil - if anything flood it with more! 

-6 from the head to t piece to -8 crank/cooler.

Holes in cam cover are 10mm.

-6an is  3/8" or 9.5mm .

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

If it was me...........and it isn't ........ I wouldn't use dash 6 hose! Fairly sure the std hose ID is bigger than -6 equivalent!

As these are the only things keeping the head cool, I wouldn't want to restrict oil - if anything flood it with more! 

Cheers for this. ID on the AN6 hose sold here is 8mm. 

Reference about AN hose sizes: https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/document.asp?DocID=TECH00096

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor an hose size mm[

6 hours ago, davecara said:

That Eblag link you posted is the same kit I've got on my 750, ended up with about 150mm of hose left over! 

But they sell them without hoses? Well, going to need some more for my fuel pump so I'll put the order together this weekend and we'll see from there...

• Like 1