magnum 2 fuel tap- what are you using?

hi, im mid resto on my magnum 2, and about to start paintwork,

i was removing the fuel tap and couldnt help but notice how small the outlet is on my single outlet tap.

it looks about 6mm, and previously ran thru a fuel pump, which will have to be used again.

anyway the engine is now a gsxr 1340, and the single outlet tap wont cut the colemans, for fuel supply.

Any suggestions, bearing in mind its a threaded boss into the tank?

i notice there are 2 outlets on the base of the tank but one has a bolt blocking it. im thinking out loud and suppose it could also be used.

Any idea what the original tap is off as well?

Stock tanks came from Harris with the two outlets and taps as shown above, even though that looks a bit like a Magnum 4 tank. The taps were not particularly good generic ones. The threads are very fine for the nut size. These are often modified. I have one tank that has 2 spigots from a ZZR1100 , that are set up to go into a remote tap. The one I have on the bike has a single large boss welded on to take a Pingel tap. If using a Pingle tap, it has to be done so the larger tap doesn't foul the rear shock.

• Like 2

I thought that too clive, but it was ok when run through a remote fuel pump (off a zx6r if I remember right) .and a standard 1127 gsxr slingshot engine.

this was just using the one tap too, buti don't want to risk it with the big engine, so I will use 2 taps, into a fuel pump, then into the carbs.

I had to use a fuel pump because the tap outlet was lower than the carb

• Like 1