Wiring Loom for Harris Mag 4 GSXR1100L

Hi All, Wanting to try and sort my wiring loom out on the Harris and been given some really big quotes. I would love to pay these prices but £1500 for a custom loom seems to be a lot to me. Anyone out there that knows of a decent old school auto sparks that would be able to lend a hand ? I don't mind paying but there is a limit ! I am in the Peterborough area but am happy to travel a reasonable distance. Or are there any custom looms out there that I could purchase off the shelf and adapt a bit ? Only want really basic. No indicators. No side stand switch. No clutch cut out switch. You know the score. 

It isn't that difficult to do yourself. All the connectors, tape, sheathing, and wire are freely available for a relative pittance. It's easiest to modify the stock loom by drastic simplification if many components are not required. If I can do it anyone can:)

Edited by Dezza

Yeah I know what your saying and o have stripped the old loom down and bought some new connectors etc. I will give it a go but lack a bit of confidence I guess. Happily pay a bloke for a day to get me on the right track but don't want to pay over £500 a day for the privilege.

i also made a loom for my harris and it was a daunting prospect. --BUT........

But you can place all  the components exactly where you want, and just make up the wiring to length, and just use mini connector blocks to suit.

the best thing about this is that you only keep the parts of the loom that you want, and you dont have to try and hide great loops of standard loom.

everything is made to measure.

follow the wiring diagram, but break it down to individual circuits, and its not too difficult. i also made one for my gsxr/efe, but it was a while ago, and if i can do it, anyone can, cos im a electro-tard!

also use the correct crimping pliers and jap spec connectors - dont even think about using those bloody crimp on - fall off pre insulated connectors, unless you like standing at the side of your non functioning bike in the middle of no where.

vehicle wiring products will have everything you need

1500 quid is bloody ridiculous to my tight fisted mind

Edited by baldrick

Hi, Yeah I've already got the crimping pliers and jap spec connectors from vehicle wiring products. Definitely no pre-insulated connectors will go on it.

Its ending up with a tidy loom on the frame that I'm trying to get at the end. I guess its just the confidence to start that I lack. Just going to have to go for it !!

the reason the the heavy price of a new loom is because of the time isse. 17 hours  is not unheard of so you can see where the money goes. but yeah, thats a price for another bike. i would love to help but got my hands full polishing and fixing my bike as well as my mates. 

As the guys have said. tis not to hard if you lay everything out on your bike with the original loom connected to what you want on bike, then just a case of shortening the wiring to suit. tho it will take a bit of time so stock up on coffee/tea/not beer or it will take longer.

11 minutes ago, Madb said:

the reason the the heavy price of a new loom is because of the time isse. 17 hours  is not unheard of so you can see where the money goes. but yeah, thats a price for another bike. i would love to help but got my hands full polishing and fixing my bike as well as my mates. 

As the guys have said. tis not to hard if you lay everything out on your bike with the original loom connected to what you want on bike, then just a case of shortening the wiring to suit. tho it will take a bit of time so stock up on coffee/tea/not beer or it will take longer.

Thanks for the offer of help tho. And if you do ever get some time on your hands.......

• Like 1

two hour ride/drive apart ,not that it would bother me, just only have pedal power at mo so travel time would increase ten fold! haha. but, hoping to get bike back rolling soon.  supposed to have a parcel delived last week but courier could'nt find a house by the side of the road???? that has pissed me off and they would like me to request another day for delivery! well, if they cant find it the first time...... grrrrrrr. just ordered some shims and jets so maybe engine in frame weekend and hopefully hear it running!, if i get my parcels!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Wagola said:

Hi bud, thanks for the reply and would be looking for where you're located but I now have a new loom on the bike and working thanks to Vizman. Top bloke and top job. I'll be ready for an MOT next week. Hopefully................

Pics? Only here are poeple sad enough to want to see pics of the wiring loom on your bike:)