750 et frame+srad 5.5" rear wheel

R1guy

As above, using the 1100et ali swing arm. Planning to use 180tire and oil cooled motor.

Has anyone done this ? 

Shave down carrier? Offset sprocket?

I'd rather not notch frame if possible.

I want to use srad rear wheel as I've got whole front end and want rear wheel to match.

Thanks in advance

Guy

23 hours ago, Pete750ET said:

I have a 5.5" rim in mine with ally arm. Gsxr wheel, bandit carrier and use gsxr rear caliper and hanger. Fits goid but you need to make spacers.

Great, which model Gsxr wheel, and which caliper/hanger?

I used the SRAD 5.5 rim on my GS. It's a wide hub and was quite a head-scratcher to get it to run in the middle. Once trued, I then worked back from the front sprocket. I could only use a 7mm offset as the 10mm caused the chain to brush the frame. I used a Michelin Pilot rear tyre and had enough clearance but I had a Dunlop 207 on first and that was too tight, so bear in mind your choice of 180 tyre. ;) I have an old Spondon arm that was designed for a GSXR1100 wheel in a GSthou, so not exceptionaly wide.

I used a gen 1 Busa sporcket carrier, rear disc, caliper, caliper mount and torque arm - I think I lost about 12 mill of the carrier. it was quite a bit in the end...

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1