bought an efe

Would this kill my powerband in any horrible way? Also I've seen people put bandit carbs on this bike. That a good idea? how about bst38ss carbs? Give the blue dragon a little moar juice. I know I know if the ports arent matched then bigger carbs only do so much...

Edited by boilerdude

I grew up on clutch dirt bikes and quads ever since about 7 or 8. Several years of serious fat kid motocross. on 250 2 strokes winning the C class at 14.  Practicing every tuesday and thursday. Back in the 90s when people had sweet backyard tracks everywhere. And then on to street bikes in my 20s and now im 33. My clutch hand is good. 

Edited by boilerdude
  • Like 1

Yeah, I may have to load it to YouTube. The bike is a good looker for sure. Those pesky little covers over the dash cover screw that seem to easily fall out are available from Suzuki for a few bucks.

Link fixed. Mine was done from 10' away. Someone was asking about the noise level. I was getting rough sound measurements with my phones sound meter app.

It's just where I like it - not too loud, but sounds good. That was after repacking it.

Interestingly, packing it (previously no wrap inside) didn't change the sound level much, but changed the sound a bit. It previously had a more metallic-esque ring to it. When rolling out at 11 or 12 at night, quieter is better. 

Also It needed another minute for the fresh oil to get circulating. it was even quieter yet the next time I fired it up. 

The oil that came out of this thing was old. I didn't find anything bad coming out with it. but it was black and burnt smelling... Fresh oil and filter. I havent even ridden the bike since I changed it. Just fired the bike up a few times . And the brand new oil is black again already. 

That oil filter is a royal bitch btw.