bought an efe

24 minutes ago, boilerdude said:

Is the kickstand supposed to be all in the way of the shifter like that? When I go to upshift half the time I try to upshift the kickstand. I'll get used to it but just wondering.

00o0o_28tvbTcUsZX_1200x900.thumb.jpg.73f27ff611b9ac7fd4e848d911146710.jpg

I used to catch the hoop on the sideistand on mine till cut it off and replaced the pivot and lever so most likely wear in the linkage ......you can adjust it lower

Nice looking bike mine was those colours

Frikkin SWEET!

Looks to have ES handlebars. Be aware that they may touch the tank at full lock. The E bikes had a bit of material machined out of the steering stops so the bars turn further - wasn't a problem with the taller bars. 

I had the same issue with my shifter fouling the kickstand. I added a small spacer in the form of a bent nickel glued in place to keep the stand a tad lower.

Love that color combo. I had the same bike in black / red. I foolishly it. 

Good luck, congratulations,  and enjoy.

20170618_095738.jpg

• Like 1

I'm getting used to it. Just slip my foot in at the right place and it's good. Had a female on the back yesterday. This bike is an absolute DREAM for pillion duty. The way it holds a line. It almost felt too light after she got off and I was back to riding home solo. She said it was by far the most comfortable "foreign" bike she's ever ridden. 

I was assuming the rear suspension needs rebuilt just because "old" but it handled the job quite nicely. Much better than a stock bandit.

did not miss one shift. not one. 

Edited by boilerdude
  • Like 1

Speaking of which I think this muffler is wrong somehow. It seems awfully small at the exit for how the rest of it is. Also quiet. And perhaps choked a tad. It runs smoothly on all 4 but I'm not sure it's pulling like it really should. 

20170618_203544[1].jpg

Edited by boilerdude

Ok so one not so good thing. If you look at it from the rear. the whole subframe looks shifted to the right a few mms when comparing the taillight with the center of the tire. So she had some kind of tip over I guess. Or something is off about that... only noticeable if you look for symmetry though. not immediately noticeable. I'm still so enamoured with this bike I'm gonna chalk it off as par for the course. So it had a minor tip over and its a 600 pound bike with a giant extended subframe. It got tweaked just a tad.

Or maybe 1985 framebuilding wasn't all that precise?...

Edited by boilerdude

Looks like the same Yosh can I'm using on my kat - it's definitley not quiet, but same deal, 2 1/2" inlet, but 1 1/2" baffle tube with the slightly small "modesty" insert that hides the louvers in the baffle if you look from end on. This style of can used the 2 1/2" diameter header section as part of the muffler - they bounced a heap of the sound straight back up the pipe, and only allowed a 1 1/2" diameter section into the can.

Looking at the pic of Dorkburger's can internals, Mine doesn't have the first section with the big holes, and instead of the smaller perforated baffle section, it has a couple of inches of pressed louver that scoop the exhaust flow into the chamber, and then the rest of the louvers are in the opposite direction.

Regarding the subframe, mine is the same way,  but my bike has definite issues, as in crashed before I owned it, then I crashed it again. I made mention of this and an old school drag racer said he saw this regularly on brand new 1150s. He said it was made obvious when they were lowered for drag use.  Just a bit of anecdotal / hearsay info. 

• Like 1