gsx 750 1100 et ex giuliari seat

yoshi

hi  lads  i had a chat with phil from p+k classic  bikes seat re creators about a reproduction of the giuliari seat for my 1100 et (750 et same seat ) as the have released a x7 one ,there hand made reproduction seat  , so he can do it if there is enough interest for the gsx seats  ,the bad news is he would need an original seat for moulds for a couple of months so that would have to be sorted first  also he would need a least 10 seat ordered to make it worth there time    so any et ex owners interested ta  yoshi

5 hours ago, baldrick said:

do you have any idea what sort of money he would be looking for one?

Because im a tight b*stard, this would have an effect on whether i wanted one or not.

I'm like you, I would have been interested till the price came up xD I will stick to standard seat for that price.

Sorry.

Theres plenty of folk out there that can use the original seat and make it a bit more pleasing for probably less money, including new foam/reshaping and recovering.

P & K do a good job but they're not the cheapest,I bet there's a few folk on here that know someone that they could recommend for a wee bit less money,I could be wrong though just my opinion

• Like 1

I have a couple of saets, but they are pretty poor condition,  with varying degrees of corrosion, but its no surprise , given that they were just pressed steel when new.

and as Yoshi says, you just cant find them in  decent nick these days.

They tend to attract a bit of rust after 40 odd years lol, but im afraid over 200 quid a pop is a bit too steep for me too.

Thanks for trying tho Yoshi

• Like 1

All the aftermarket seats were fibreglass,you can still find twofour and guilliari seats if you look around,ive got two at the moment but they aint for sale, i dont think £225 is too dear either for a brand new seat, ive got an original seat as well that needs recovering so if you need one let me know, if i havent got round to recovering it i would consider lending to the seat maker.

Bought my first bike (GSX750EX) because to my eyes it looked so good with the white :$ Giuliari that was fitted. These seats do add something I-don't-know-quite-what extra to the ET/EX. Always liked the firmness and width of the seat a lot too, but found sliding back everytime you'd wind open the throttle a bit of a pain. So eventually cut up the seat and turned it into an Eddie lawson-style seat to have a hump to brace against.

When using these Giuliari's people often decide to shorten the seat to bring the whole tail further in, as is the style of today. For this reason it seems to me there already modified seats would be in greater demand -if offered- than the original length with regards to the new batch. Difficult bit with this is of course the varying lengths that would indeed fit these bikes.. :|

I don't need a new seat myself, but the projected price seems fair to me. Original seats still pop up on Eblag (Germany!) regularly for about half this amount, but the cover is always damaged in some way. On my old seat the fiberglass base was cracked too, so reckon this is probably also the case with other seats.

33 minutes ago, baldrick said:

ive been looking around for the past couple of years, and i cant find em.

Maybe im looking in the wrong places (Eblag etc)

Bought one from Newarke a couple of years ago and the bloke had three at the time, try some of the foreign Eblag's.

• Like 1

thanks for the feedback lads i have another 1100 i am starting  and i have been looking for a seat for ages i have a standard seat (rusty base ) i have been thinking i might shorten the frame but i cant make up my mind on that not sure which way to go  ,, i know that i am going to go black on the motor frame swinging arm wheels ect with white and blue bodywork  ,,,if any of you hear of a giuliari seat for sale  let me know ta  lads yoshi 

ps i never seen a gsx with a shortened frame only photos   anyone seen one done how do they look  

• Like 1

My ET is a 750 frame with an 1100 motor and the frame was shortened by the previous owner,not as much as some though,which are shortened so much that there's no gap between the rear light unit and the side panels which I think looks good

Edited by Simbec1863
  • Like 1
  • 6 months later...