Bracket from rocker cover

Blue

11 hours ago, Blue said:

Do you think it be ok to make a bracket that'd be held in place by either the cam cover bolts or the cylinder bolts that are used to make cam links?

I wouldn't do it from the camcaps; the treads on those are fragile just doing their job, let alone doing more.

• Like 1

Don't see why not. Bakker and others have mounted the frame off the "cam link" bolts.   Don't see heat transfer as a significant issue.

As I've said else where, I don't see a need for steering dampers on stock framed oilboilers. Extra weight and complexity for no benefit.

6 minutes ago, dupersunc said:

Don't see why not. Bakker and others have mounted the frame off the "cam link" bolts.   Don't see heat transfer as a significant issue.

Hardly mounting the frame off the engine rather than using the engine to provide additional stiffness. Still can't fathom why you'd want to mount a damper to the engine? If you haven't got a frame to mount a 'normal' damper why not engineer a mini damper off the headstock to the top yoke or a Scott damper on the yoke to the spindle?